Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official Feedback

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official Feedback

Postby iainhouse » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:12 pm

I've seen this too and it's not the old behaviour. You can select a segment and it will turn blue but not show the end points and not be editable. You can de-select it, select another segment and the same thing will happen. You have to refresh or hit permalink to fix it.

I think it started more recently than the introduction of the new editor, but possibly coincident with the switch to new infrastructure for INTL. Perhaps WME (on old infrastructure) is getting out of sync?
UK Country Administrator
AM: London (DELETED), S Wales
Waze 3.7.3 • iPhone 4S (iOS 6.1.3) • Chrome/W7x64
ImageImage
UK WikiWaze FAQ
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby jasonh300 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:51 pm

It's also possible that this new behavior is unique Int'l editor then. We've had the new infrastructure in place for several months. iainhouse, are you also using Firefox, or something else?
New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Regional Coordinator, South-Central Region
U.S. Champ, Global Champ
Waze FAQ ... Best Map Editing Practice
Ask me about Louisiana or Mississippi Editors Chat in Google Hangouts!
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Mike-1323 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:56 pm

jasonh300 wrote:It's also possible that this new behavior is unique Int'l editor then. We've had the new infrastructure in place for several months. iainhouse, are you also using Firefox, or something else?

It's not unique to the int'l editor. I've seen this behavior for a couple days on the NA server.
Mike-1323
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:19 pm

Mike-1323 wrote:
jasonh300 wrote:It's also possible that this new behavior is unique Int'l editor then. We've had the new infrastructure in place for several months. iainhouse, are you also using Firefox, or something else?

It's not unique to the int'l editor. I've seen this behavior for a couple days on the NA server.

I've been trying to nail down whether it's a userscript or not, too. Or related to the landmarks layer issues. A permalink usually fixes things a while, but it comes back. Turn off extensions seemed to clear it up, but then after 30 minutes of having the same extensions enabled, I haven't had the issue again.

Very elusive...
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.3.1 | Waze v4.4.9904
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davipt » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:24 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
Mike-1323 wrote:

I've been trying to nail down whether it's a userscript or not, too. Or related to the landmarks layer issues. A permalink usually fixes things a while, but it comes back. Turn off extensions seemed to clear it up, but then after 30 minutes of having the same extensions enabled, I haven't had the issue again.

Very elusive...

I've said before, for me it has nothing to do with scripts, only see it on Firefox not on Safari (yet), and happens when zooming in and the road reload happens, and I've seen it only today (which means it may be a couple of days, didn't spend much time editing yesterday)
ImageBruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ
Coordinator for Portugal | Expert iPhone and others
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:31 pm

davipt wrote:I've been trying to nail down whether it's a userscript or not, too. Or related to the landmarks layer issues. A permalink usually fixes things a while, but it comes back. Turn off extensions seemed to clear it up, but then after 30 minutes of having the same extensions enabled, I haven't had the issue again.

Very elusive...

I've said before, for me it has nothing to do with scripts, only see it on Firefox not on Safari (yet), and happens when zooming in and the road reload happens, and I've seen it only today (which means it may be a couple of days, didn't spend much time editing yesterday)[/quote]
It's happening to me on Chrome/Win7.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.3.1 | Waze v4.4.9904
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Re: Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official Feedback

Postby Timbones » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:32 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:It's happening to me on Chrome/Win7.

Me too :(

via mobile
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Global Wiki Moderator • Routing Expert
Extensions: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby iainhouse » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:33 pm

I'm using Chrome, latest version, on Windows XP. I won't be home & editing for a couple of hours, but I'll try disabling scripts to see if it makes a difference (apart from crippling my editing :P ).
UK Country Administrator
AM: London (DELETED), S Wales
Waze 3.7.3 • iPhone 4S (iOS 6.1.3) • Chrome/W7x64
ImageImage
UK WikiWaze FAQ
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby Vidur99 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:44 pm

Vidur99 wrote:Problem updating house numbers.

https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=6&l ... s=60431707

I tried to remove incorrect numbers and leave them blank. Saves OK but after refresh of the map the old faulty numbers is back. For some segments I managed to add th correct number but for some reason you cannot remove numbers och in some cases change them.

Any comments on this one, tried again to update house numbers, but I cant remove faulty house numbers. A refresh and they are back.
Vidur99
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby davipt » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:45 pm

davipt wrote:(...)I think it's happening only on Firefox(...)

[18:52:28.697] TypeError: wazeModel.cities.get(cityID) is undefined @ https://world.waze.com/editor/:105
--
[18:52:34.415] TypeError: e is undefined @ https://world.waze.com/editor/js/WME.min.js?v=785:1
[18:52:34.420] Empty string passed to getElementById(). @ https://world.waze.com/editor/js/libs.min.js?v=785:2
[18:52:34.696] TypeError: wazeModel.cities.get(cityID) is undefined @ https://world.waze.com/editor/:105

Just happened on Safari:

2wmech.js:134TypeError: 'undefined' is not an object (evaluating 'wazeModel.cities.get(cityID).isEmpty')
51The page at https://world.waze.com/editor/ displayed insecure content from http://www.bing.com/maps/i/spacer.gif.
6wmech.js:134TypeError: 'undefined' is not an object (evaluating 'wazeModel.cities.get(cityID).isEmpty')
WME.min.js:1TypeError: 'undefined' is not an object (evaluating 'e.stateID')
9wmech.js:134TypeError: 'undefined' is not an object (evaluating 'wazeModel.cities.get(cityID).isEmpty')
4wmech.js:134TypeError: 'undefined' is not an object (evaluating 'wazeModel.cities.get(cityID).isEmpty')
5wmech.js:134TypeError: 'undefined' is not an object (evaluating 'wazeModel.cities.get(cityID).isEmpty')
6wmech.js:134TypeError: 'undefined' is not an object (evaluating 'wazeModel.cities.get(cityID).isEmpty')
2event.layerX and event.layerY are broken and deprecated in WebKit. They will be removed from the engine in the near future.
2wmech.js:134TypeError: 'undefined' is not an object (evaluating 'wazeModel.cities.get(cityID).isEmpty')
7wmech.js:134TypeError: 'undefined' is not an object (evaluating 'wazeModel.cities.get(cityID).isEmpty')
408wmech.js:134TypeError: 'undefined' is not an object (evaluating 'wazeModel.cities.get(cityID).isEmpty')
ImageBruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ
Coordinator for Portugal | Expert iPhone and others
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor