Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by mssusa
From Waze biweekly 5/11/2012 ( http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 30#p281430) : the new editor has support for chatting with other editors online and offline. Any ideas?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by mssusa
AlanOfTheBerg wrote: It says they are "adding" it, not that it has been added. It appeared in a previous beta many months ago as a layer called "Other users" which was documented for many months in the wiki. At that time, all we could do was see other editors on the map as the "hardhat Wazer" icon. You could see their zoom level as a grayed circle, and when they were actively editing/saving, their icon would shade red. There was no ability to chat or interact or even know who it was.

Since then, they have continued to develop this feature, but have not yet deployed it for beta testing. It's considered to be in "alpha" testing IMO.
It sounded like they are talking about this version, but thanks anyway. It is not like it'll be of any use to me; I'm the only one editing within at least 400km in each direction :lol:

mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by mssusa
My eyes are killing me! Is there a visual cue for showing if a segment is terminated with a node? The A or B cover everything. For named roads I can sometimes see a blue (black?) dot at the end when the segment is terminated with a node, but when it is not named yet? nothing. Same goes when you select a segment. Named or not, I can't see if it is terminated.

I will get used to it like I finally came to love the old version. But for now? everything is killing my eyes. My productivity in Chrome is very reduced because of the irregular behavior of the editing boxes. Is Firefox any better? I left Firefox only for Waze because the last version stated that it is only compatible with Chrome. What is the officially supported browser with this version?
mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by mssusa
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I will make sure I disable scripts and try again.
Okay, so I've verified partially. It may be a hardware/software issue. I'm on a unibody MBP and when I click by fully depressing the trackpad so it actually "clicks" then nothing happens. However, if I just tap it, then it works fine. This sounds like an issue with Chrome and the OS/hardware, but not a Waze issue.
I've reported this earlier with Chrome on Windows 7 64bit. I can't even analyze it as it works fine on very rare occasions. All scripts disabled.

Same goes for losing the ability to see if a dead end segment is terminated by a node or not. Thanks to Tim this is not a big issue as his highlighting tool helps here.

mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by mssusa
Sorry I didn't want to create a discussion of why a segment needs to be terminated. I and the other poster above are complaining that with A and B at the ends of a segment we can no longer see if it is terminated /connected properly to another segment or not. But thanks to Tim's tool, this is no longer a big issue.

mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by mssusa
Loading road images and not the road objects, or vice versa is not a new behavior at all. It has been there for a long time before the last upgrade.
I believe it is a server load problem as I've seen UK editors always complaining about unresponsiveness or missing layers while the editor is working perfectly for me. I've never paid much attention to see if I'm served by the same servers as the UK editors (both before and after the UK got their own servers).

mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by mssusa
I get the pointer stuck when my machine is overloaded. Especially when there are many segments in the view or there is a very long segment (10s or 100s of km long). This was also the case with the old version

mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by mssusa
bz2012 wrote:I submitted a report to support along with a link to our conversation.
Had something like this for a while in the intl server in my last session (3 hours until a few minutes ago). No more unknown type available and the direction arrows in the drop down list were displayed as html escape codes for special characters.
The arrows are fixed now, but I haven't paid attention to the Unknown type.

Time to sleep :(

mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by mssusa
I'm finding many segments with no level set. I'm not 100% sure but I believe all were old unedited client paved segments. When I edit a segment to fix its geometry points and give it a name then select it together with another completed segment to create junctions at intersections the cross sign "+" does not appear. When I check the newer segment I always find its level property empty. New editor? or the move to the new infrastructure?
mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by mssusa
bgodette wrote:Cause a wazeModel update and that clears. It's indeterminate data from modified segments that's cleared by refreshing the wazeModel (F5/Permalink/Panning far enough/zooming far enough).
When I run into one of those it is usually too late for a reload; I usually have tens of edits unsaved. I simply highlight the segment and set its level properly then keep working. The only viable option (which I never tried) is panning.
Anyway, this never happened to me before, but I'm finding it often now.

BTW, did they fix the problems with segment properties fields in Chrome? Or did I just get used to it?

mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message