Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Bug: Unreadable text in suggested route window(double utf-8)

Post by yozik04
When you launch application then waze suggests you a route to a direction where you usually travel at this time. In this "suggestion" window there is unreadable text after text "Driving to: " ("Еду к:")

The text is double encoded into utf-8
If you encode word "Аня" to utf-8 two times then you will get next text: "Аня". The same you see on the image attached.

Linux/OS X proof =)
$ echo "Аня" > enc.txt
$ iconv -f latin1 -t utf-8 enc.txt
yozik04

POSTER_ID:3342028

Send a message
Attachments

Post by WeeeZer14
The developers don't read the forums usually. Have you reported this to support using the link at the top of all the Waze webpages?
WeeeZer14
Send a message
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
[img]https:///V68te[/img]
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator

Post by yozik04
Bug is very old. I just have not had time to report. Maybe half year ago I saw it first time.
yozik04
Send a message

Post by yozik04
I see developers are not interested... Sad...
yozik04
Send a message

Post by yozik04
This is what I saw there:
The Forum is the place to share your experience with us and with other users, report bugs and generally join in discussions.
But bug is already fixed. Thanks
yozik04
Send a message