Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Haegar
Hello saurabhrendale,

I'm using HTC HD2 for about 3 weeks now without serious problems. I'm using an unbranded, original HD2 and Waze 2.0 for WinMo.

best regards
Haegar
Haegar
Send a message

Post by Haegar
Hi gsp-nl,

welcome at Waze.
* Landscape is not originally supported by waze. You can use Gyrator to rotate screen acc to the G-Sensor in any Program (or is it called an app meanwhile ;) ) I didn't try Gyrator for Waze as I prefer screen in portrait.
* Depending on the used language of the client, it can be possible that the words are flowing in each other. I'm using german and this is not the problem, (butt other small things). If you find a better translation in your used language, you can help Waze translating the client.
You can find lots of informations in the Waze Wiki. There is also a dutch section. I suppose you're dutch. If I'm right, you are very lucky, as the dutch users are very active and I read that the Waze map is very good in the Netherlands.

Enjoy using waze
Haegar
Haegar
Send a message

Post by HMF512
I got HTC HD2.... it seems to work fine. I didnt need to change anything to my device and i dun have problem with GPS connectivity. However, there are still some bugs, when the phone gets warm up, it either stalls or restart. i hate when that happen.
HMF512
Send a message

Post by HMF512
I got a HTC HD2 from asia and wazing in asia. i havent got problem on the gps issue.... but got major issue on the freezing. what i have notice is that when the phone starts to heat up, it frequently get hang but if you can cool down such as airing it on the aircon ventilation, it reduces the freezing problem. i hope someone can verify my findings.
HMF512
Send a message

Post by nutzareus
zoum79 wrote:would someone please help with some instructions on how to change the GPS port for waze to work on HD2.
Thanks in advance.
Did you download the latest client? It should automatically detect GPS comm port.
nutzareus
Send a message

Post by nutzareus
Any updates on HD2 freezing up using waze? I've sent bug reports. It's unusable for me at this point, can't be pulling battery every time I use waze... back to using BlackBerry, Android, and iPhone clients for a bit.... thanks for checking out user feedback!
nutzareus
Send a message

Post by oliverde8
HMF512 wrote:I got a HTC HD2 from asia and wazing in asia. i havent got problem on the gps issue.... but got major issue on the freezing. what i have notice is that when the phone starts to heat up, it frequently get hang but if you can cool down such as airing it on the aircon ventilation, it reduces the freezing problem. i hope someone can verify my findings.
I have this same freezing problem. very annoying. I play a lot of games on my HD2 with FPSECE. The phone gets warmer then when I am using Wave. No I wouldn't say that is the problem, if it was I would have the same problem while playing.

I wasn't restarting very often my phone before, now that I use waze 2 times a day, going to work and coming back from work I need to stop.

What I tried also was restarting waze every 10 minute, before it has time to crash. it does seem to solve the problem.
oliverde8
Send a message

Post by saurabhrendale
few days back i bought htc hd2, and downloaded waze for wvga, but after installation, i found that my phone started freezing up and was not even able to recieve calls, everytime i had to pull out the battery, and it took a lot of time to start up my phone :-(, so eventually i removed it. any updates on any working version for hd2 ?
saurabhrendale
Send a message

Post by thomaswww
Hi,

im using WAZE 2.0.0 wide client on an unbranded hd2 with original rom v1.66 for 2 days now. The phone did freeze one time. Had to remove the battery to reset it. The german language pack makes the letters on the lower of the screen a bit overlap.

What i do not like is that you have exit waze if you do a short stop to get out and get some stuff. For example at a gas station. When i stand in the city at a traffic light showing red, waze still thinks im moving with 1 or 2 km/h, and dont auto pop up what is around.
Today i was driving round about 33 km in 45min and a friend was sitting in front of a PC and tried to spot me on the "Live Map". Later he told me the experience was frustrating because he didnt see any wazer around my route. Then he added it was much more exiting to watch in the heavy count of wazers in north italy :).
thomaswww
Send a message

Post by treeboy
I want one too. Waaaaaaa :cry:
treeboy
Send a message
Area Manager: Fort Bragg and Ukiah, California
Carrier: USCC Motorola Electrify
Android whatever come before ICS
Waze 3.0.0.0