Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Train crossing icon

Post by F4PhantomII
My route to work has 3 train crossing and at any one of them I can have a delay of up to 30 minutes if I get caught by a long freight train. I do have alternate routes but if I don't see the train soon enough I get caught in a traffic jam and have to wait for the train to get out of the way.
F4PhantomII

POSTER_ID:12143632

Send a message

Post by sheeplvl1
I'm in a similar situation. Waze sometimes reroute me on a perfectly good day and I just though waze's been stupid. Can it at least give us an reason why we are being re routed? For example, "potential train crossing ahead, rerouting!"? Anyways...I don't understand why they can just add an icon for freight train? Just design the warning to dissipate as soon as or 30 secs after the reporter of the incident has moved passed the intersection!

HOW FRIGGING HARD IS THAT?

I looked at trapster the app just because the lack of this service!
sheeplvl1
Send a message

Post by WeeeZer14
If the trains run on a normal schedule, Waze will learn when and where the trains are over time as long as someone is getting caught in the wait for them to pass.
WeeeZer14
Send a message
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
[img]https:///V68te[/img]
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator