If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Integrity

Post by mocrap
I think Waze has great potential, but unfortunately it has some huge integrity issues.

- First of all, invisible mode should be standard. I don't want my boss or ex to see where I am after work. Furthermore, as someone pointed out, if your kids start Waze by accident, anyone can see where you live.
- Second, I want a friendslist. I do NOT want everyone from Facebook on this list. I also want my dad on this list, and he doesn't have a Facebook account.

An alternative is if you could create private groups and easily see where other members are. Then you could choose to be visible to family, friends, or colleagues.
mocrap

POSTER_ID:12010835

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
If you don't use your real name and don't let everyone on Facebook have access to your profile, how can your boss or ex know who you are on the map? Are your boss and ex known to be on Waze and searching for you? This seems overly paranoid.

EDIT: To add, I have not heard of any plans to have a "friends" functionality be native to Waze. Since there are other social networking systems out there, Waze is going to take advantage of user's connections which already exist there.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by BlazeTool
You can also set your waze posts to be "Close Friend" only
BlazeTool
Send a message

Post by OldGnome
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:If you don't use your real name and don't let everyone on Facebook have access to your profile, how can your boss or ex know who you are on the map? Are your boss and ex known to be on Waze and searching for you? This seems overly paranoid.
+1
OldGnome
Send a message

Post by OldGnome
Within Facebook, you can set all Waze posts to appear only for you.
OldGnome
Send a message