Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.
Post by meeeowww
I'd like to see the ability to report traffi lights that are out.

Also I'd like to see a button for a quick flip to a panned back version of the map oriented N to S that has highways/streets color coded according to their flow/traffic level. Kind of like you have now, but it's so zoomed in and it's hard to zoom out and maintain orientation while driving. It helps me to make decisions earlier whether or not to take certain routes.

Also I'd like the ability to click on 'inactive' icons like cop or other hazard and be able to click not there. It would be neat to be able to click a comment button and add voice a comments such as tree cutters on roadside, or deep water on road.

Thanks for great app! It's saved me from many a ticket and it keeps getting better. Thanks for keeping up with our suggestions
meeeowww
Send a message

Post by mrhodes2705
Id love to see that the default road added is a two way road and not the current one way road, it would save so much time when editing :-) here's hoping :-)
mrhodes2705
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png
UK Area Manager for Preston, Lancashire

Post by mssusa
But is it going to be always this way? Do they have any plans "soon" tm to turn those blobs into icons? Offer to turn them on/off as a layer in the client? Anything?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by mswit310
I would love to have a shortcut key to enable/disable the "Avoid HIghways". I live near a highway, so it would be nice to check my route with & without highways, but without having to constantly navigate to the Navigation tab in settings to change the Avoid Highway feature.
mswit310
Send a message

Post by ntran18
I would like to see a 'police on the move'. Such as when they are patrolling. Their movement is projected with a +5 mph of the road speed limit. It would expire in ~5 city/10 hwy minutes unless another wazer renews it up the road.
ntran18
Send a message

Post by OldGnome
I love that I can easily grab a contact (iPhone 4S, iOS6) for use as a destination. However, I would like the contact/destination name to display throughout the selection and navigation process.
OldGnome
Send a message

Post by OldGnome
davidmvia wrote:Would like to see a way to enter navigation addresses to favorites from a web browser on my PC. Basically "pre-loading" destinations using a large screen and keyboard before I leave on a trip.
I have been in the habit of loading favorites in my Contacts so that I can access them quickly. The only drawback to that method I have found is that the name is then ignored during and at the end of the navigation.
davidmvia wrote:Great app!!
I heartily agree.
OldGnome
Send a message

Post by OldGnome
Jarpee28 wrote:I would like to see the ability to add favorites just based on your location at that time. So you don't have to put in an address.
Tap and hold.
OldGnome
Send a message

Post by OldGnome
sejtam wrote:Automatically offer to find parking facilities near my destination, show them, show rates, free lots, where available reserve a lot etc (latter might need some API to tools that can fetch those infos in realtime). Remember preferred parking lots etc
Absolutely not. I already have a free app I can use to help find parking. No reason for Waze to develop more features that are already covered elsewhere.
sejtam wrote:Some mark this spot/time for my own later action feature.. So that I can be automatically reminded of (by email )

use case: when I drive along and want to remember to look up something I saw there.
Our maybe I want to be reminded of a nap issue to report there..
You can tap and hold to save any location. You can already report a map issue.
OldGnome
Send a message

Post by OldGnome
sejtam wrote:The ability to mark (on the map editor) bus lanes and their hours, so that waze can somehow mark them when they are active (we have some that are all day and strictly enforced, without even being allowed to quickly drop someone on the roadside, and some that are peak hours only)
There are a number of threads already on time-of-day restrictions. In short, they are not possible....at least, not yet. I don't know if that functionality is planned.
OldGnome
Send a message