If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Navigation Destination

Post by staceybassoon
I wish that the directions would show the actual address at the top once arriving. I usually have to go back into my navigation history to find that information, which is really annoying when you're driving slowly down the street to try to find a house/business number. Does this already appear somewhere and I'm missing it?
staceybassoon

POSTER_ID:2654014

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
This has worked for me since v3.2. It could be a difference in the search provider result you used. I haven't tested to see if some announce and others do not. Even my favorites announce, such as "Arriving at Home, at <street name>."
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
staceybassoon wrote:I don't use voice navigation.
You expect an announcement verbally when you have voice navigation turned off? Isn't that like walking around your house at night with your eyes closed and then, when you decide to open them, you're mad that the lights are off? :D

If you want an announcement, turn the sounds on. Just use the Mute button on the Main menu. That mutes all navigation instructions but keeps alerts for accidents, ETA changes, etc. And, when you arrive, I believe you will still get the announcement. If not, though, when you near your destination, the "approaching destination bar" will appear at the top of the screen. From there, tap the Mute button and when you actually arrive, you'll get the announcement.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
CBenson wrote:Great analogy, but what the OP asked for was:
staceybassoon wrote:I wish that the directions would show the actual address at the top once arriving.
Well, I do like to increase my post count for no reason. Of course, then I should probably not type so much stuff.... :oops: Sorry.

I get what you're saying now, Stacey. That does seem like a reasonable thing to do. A destination pop up with address/details and a close button. (Maybe even some route statistics: original vs. actual ETA, minutes/distance driven...)
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Bigbear3764
What is your waze version and OS on your phone?

Thought 3.5.1 or is it 3.5.2 now took care of that. I had the address show up the other day for me on my iPhone iOS 6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by CBenson
Great analogy, but what the OP asked for was:
staceybassoon wrote:I wish that the directions would show the actual address at the top once arriving.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by staceybassoon
I have the latest Android version. The problem comes when I'm trying to find, for example, a house to pick something up and I don't remember the house number I had typed in. I don't use voice navigation.
staceybassoon
Send a message