Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by Numbtrip
AlanOfTheBerg wrote: What country are you trying to edit?
I am trying to edit UK maps.
Numbtrip
Send a message

Post by Numbtrip
AlanOfTheBerg wrote: The editor was down for the last 24 hours or so due to an upgrade. If you didn't know that, keep an eye on/subscribe to status.waze.com.

I would go check in to the UK forums to see what issues might be present at this time. I am not personally aware of any lingering issues. The road images are going to be slow for many hours while the new servers build up their cache of road images in memory rather than creating them with each request. When the same upgrade was done in the US, there was also some changes required to the caching to get them to perform as expected. It will likely be a few days before the system stabilizes as they get all the settings tweaked the way they need to be.
Hi

Thanks for the feedback, but the issue I described has been ongoing for weeks now, and like I said it makes it impossible to do more than a few edits.

Due to outdated satelitte images I drove around a new housing estate and paved every road but it's impossible to edit what I've added because of the problem.

Regarding the "UK Forum" is that sepereate to this one ?

EDIT: Found the UK Forums so will look there for any further info.
Numbtrip
Send a message
Last edited by Numbtrip on Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Numbtrip
Timbones wrote:I've not heard of any other editors having problems editing in the UK. Here are some suggestions of things to try:
  • Make sure you're on the right server: https://world.waze.com/editor/ /!\
  • Don't use Internet Explorer - Firefox or Chrome are recommended
  • Disable any addons, plugins, ad blockers, etc
  • Check that the Roads layer is turned on
  • If you're having problems selecting roads, turn of the Landmarks layer
  • Clear out your browser cache
Hope that helps...
Did all that and like I said I tried several different browsers, PC's and networks.

I have been an IT tech for over 30 years so the obvious is the first thing I check.

I read that people said Chrome was better for it so I installed it and tried it, so it had no cache etc to worry about and it did exactly the same as Firefox (my preferred browser), it's frustrating because I really would like to contribute but the problem is making it more annoying than rewarding and strangly stressful.

The first couple of weeks I had no problems and I've made over 12,000 edits most of them were in the first few weeks but lately it's become a chore.
Numbtrip
Send a message

Post by OhioStMusicMan
davipt wrote: I've said before, for me it has nothing to do with scripts, only see it on Firefox not on Safari (yet), and happens when zooming in and the road reload happens, and I've seen it only today (which means it may be a couple of days, didn't spend much time editing yesterday)
I've been seeing this same issue on Safari/Mac. I started noticing it since shortly after the release of the new WME. I'm lucky to go 10 min w/o having to hit refresh...
OhioStMusicMan
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by OhioStMusicMan
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
davipt wrote:
PhantomSoul wrote:Is anyone with Safari 6 and Mac OS 10.8 (Mountain Lion) having any trouble getting the permalinks to capture selected road segments? Last night while requesting some unlocks to resolve various UR's in my area, I noticed some inconsistent behavior with it, in that it sometimes included the selections and other times didn't.
Do you have any extensions? For example I hardly get the segments selected when using the highlights extension, have to look at the code to understand why ;)
This is either an issue with the highlighter code or JNF code in WazeBar. The same code affects Chrome, too.
It must be the highlighter code as GizmoGuy and myself have had the same issues and we both were using the highlighter code.
OhioStMusicMan
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by Olestas
Editor messes up numbers by itself, when there is unusual numbering.
If one side is e.g. 2-12, but other side has no numbers.. empty space should be accepted. If I do not enter any numbers, number from other part of the road is taken automatically, which brakes all numbering further.

Similar problem is with big streets, which are drawn as two one way roads and are separated in real life. Numbering must go on one side of street only... not taken from the other side..
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Olestas
I did... but after saving they are replaced with numbers from nearest street segment...

P.S. Hmm, I have tried again now, and it seems to work. I will try further, and inform if something changes.
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Olestas
I tried not to continue numbering of usual street... entered number on both sides from 1 to 100.. and saved. All numbers got messed up completely. Thats just horrible. I do not understand how numbering works... is it automatic or what?? After chaning numbers in any place on street, somewhere else numbers are messed up.
I am not using this :(

This is the street I tried on..

https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=4&l ... 3,90265748
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Olestas
Shortly speaking - in current state and form House numbering is hard and unusable. Besides you have to check which way the road goes (A-B) all the time. Automatic numbering breaks everything too. Even and odd numbers are put on both sides all the time and mixed.
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Olestas
As I understand, end roads without junction point on the end have problems with routing. Isnt it possible to automatically add junction points to all open ends? So we do not have to do it for ALL existing open roads?
Or at least start automatically add junction point to newly drawn open end segments.
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message