[Script] Highlights for Segments & Landmarks - v1.5 Nov 16

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Script to add Highlights for Segments & Landmarks - v1.3

Postby TwisTEDVegas » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:20 pm

First, so glad you made this, I saw it, and installed it. this thing rocks.

I have a request for those of us with malfunctioning eye's. Can you add a BLINK feature to the highlights? Something we can turn on and off. I am partially red blind, so seeing "locks", "No Names", and no City all blend together and into the background. Turning everything else off ( roads, Bing, city etc) helps, but the flash would be unmistakable.

If it can't be done, or your busy, no biggie.

Again thanks for coding this for all of us and looking at this.
TwisTEDVegas

Postby mike-bronner » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:37 pm

Interesting, works for me now as well ... not sure what I did, I know I reloaded a few times. Will keep an eye on it.
mike-bronner

Postby Timbones » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:52 pm

mssusa wrote:Does it auto update on Chrome? I'm still at 1.2. Do I have to uninstall then reinstall again?

No, it doesn't auto-update (though I nearly added it). Install again to get v1.3 (there's a link in the editor).

kentsmith9 wrote:With FF14 it does not appear to do what you have described for soft turns, revcon or for highlighting the segments connected to each end of the selected segment. Everything else appears to be working. Did not try other browsers.

Hmm... I also had trouble getting it to work just now, but it did in the end. Try reloading the editor.
This might be related to the 'toolbar not enabled after login' bug that we have in Chrome.

Here's what you should see if you find a node that isn't right:

node-highlights.png
Node Highlights
(20.6 KiB) Downloaded 753 times
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby kentsmith9 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:43 am

Timbones wrote:Here's my latest version: WME Color Highlights v1.3

• When a node is selected, it highlights segments with soft turns, reverse connectivity and U-turns
  • When 1 segment is selected, it highlights connecting segments at each end, as per selected nodes
  • Adds highlight for a selected road type (purple) - lowest precedence, excludes obvious types

See Soft and Hard Turns for explanation of terms...

:)

With FF14 it does not appear to do what you have described for soft turns, revcon or for highlighting the segments connected to each end of the selected segment. Everything else appears to be working. Did not try other browsers.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby HandofMadness » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:59 am

Do you have the file name correct. If it has a (1) it won't work.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby Mattiedale » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:53 am

Tried dragging it to the extensions tab it opens a window and show the extension but it never adds it. What am I doing wrong? Latest version of chrome on win 7 machine.
Mattiedale

Postby iainhouse » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:55 am

I think (and I'm definitely outside my comfort zone here :oops: ) that self-connectivity is what allows those unexpected u-turns you see during navigation. In other words you are driving up a segment and Waze tells you to come straight back down the segment at the next junction. I presume that the segment is "connected to itself" and will therefore route back at the end.

Reverse connectivity (purple highlight) I have only seen with one-way segments, where another segment joining the one-way segment at it's "outlet" shows a purple highlight on the one-way segment. I presume this means that, even though it's one way in one direction, Waze sees a valid routing going the other way.

Mind you it is nearly 3am here and I'm watching Sunday Night Football and doing some work stuff and I really should be sleeping! I'm sure someone who knows what they're talking about will come along and correct me. :)
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby HandofMadness » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:42 am

I'm seeing it now when clicking on a node. I was thinking for some reason it would also show up when clicking on a segment. I assume "U-Turns" are the same as "selfcon"? Or would that be Reversecon?
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby iainhouse » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:26 am

Try looking at this node. It's just outside my editable area but the highlight still works for me, so I hope it will work for you. It is on the International server though ;) . The node has 2 soft turns and 1 u-turn allowed (I think that is "selfcon"). I've also seen purple highlights ("revcon"?) but don't have one to hand!

If I hover my mouse over the text with the coloured backgrounds in the Properties sheet, I get text showing the instructions to fix the problems. I'm using bog-standard Chrome on Windows XP.

I get the impression that most problems appear on roads that were probably once split. I've spent several hours going over all the major routes in my (fairly small) "home" area and I've found a considerable number of problems - including at least 3 affecting my daily drive to & from work that I haven't been able to identify up until now. Mainly unexpected u-turns when I disagree with Waze as to which way I should go!
iainhouse
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby HandofMadness » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:49 am

I'm not seeing the explanation of what the different colors mean on connecting segments. Tried with Chrome and Firefox.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor