Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by preacherche
I lost an editable area from a somewhat lengthy drive near home on 11/2, that I mostly made for the express purpose of checking the area for needed edits. Only a few edits later and can't edit anymore. :(
preacherche
Send a message

Post by RodNav
chunkmonkey wrote:The other odd thing I just noticed is that if I had already made a change to a road, I can still make changes on those roads, even though they show outside my editable range, but if I have not touched the segment, its not available.
I have also noticed that 'problem' in areas that expired (after 3 months, not this recent issue), but beware, you don't have full rights. Specifically, you can't edit junctions, so don't disconnect a road and try to rejoin it.
RodNav
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Country Manager for South Africa.
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G

Post by salatoimikud
same here. Lost one place. Last week i edited that area but today i cant edit anymore :?
salatoimikud
Send a message

Post by scottlac
I also lost my ability to edit the map. I have done a few edits that were successfully added to the map a couple of weeks later. I want to fix some things on the map that found this week but the map editor won't let me make any edits now. What gives?
scottlac
Send a message

Post by scottlac
I haven't even been a member for 3 months. I drove the area last weekend.

I used the editor a month ago in areas near my house and the map is now accurate there. I tried again a few days ago to edit these recent changes and I cannot edit anything. I am locked out of the whole map.
scottlac
Send a message

Post by scottlac
This is the area I'm in.

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=6&lat ... TTTFTTTTFT

I have made edits here a few days ago. Now I can't edit anything. The highlighted 1 mile radius will not show up on the map.
scottlac
Send a message

Post by scottlac
So....why is it locked and who do I ask to unlock?
scottlac
Send a message

Post by scottlac
OK, a small area was unlocked and I made a small change. I went to another area a few miles away where I have traveled recently and it is also locked....

I really want to be a good map editor and follow the rules but if these people are going to arbitrarily lock me out of the places I go then it just isn't worth it.
scottlac
Send a message

Post by scottlac
No, I am a different Scott. I'm in Kentucky and I have good map skills.
scottlac
Send a message