Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by gettingthere
So why doesn't the gas "partner" for the USA want to receive the data that Wazers are entering? This would presumably give them more data and eliminate the problem where the third party data is overwriting the Wazer entered data each day.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico

Post by gettingthere
Waze has not disclosed the 3rd party in regards to the USA gas prices. Some is of think it could be YP (Yellow Pages) or the source that YP uses.

I hate to recommend this - Workaround for these issues, just use Gas Buddy. It just works... :)
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico

Post by gianekaren
well..today instead of a different price I've a n/a everywhere... communication error?
gianekaren
Send a message
Attachments

Post by gianekaren
Unholy wrote:
gianekaren wrote:well..today instead of a different price I've a n/a everywhere... communication error?

Hi,

Can you give me a perma link of this station or it's coordinates please?

Thanks,

Ori
https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=7&lat ... TTTTTTTTFT
gianekaren
Send a message

Post by Gluek
Please check and enable gas station prices in Russia - it's about 2500-2700 major brand gas stations, most of them already on map (I hope).
Gluek
Send a message
Группа Waze Russia в Slack | Группа @WazeRussia в Telegram и канал новостей @WazeNews

INTL server updates Telegram bot: @WazeUpdatesBot

Post by haluca
Petrol prices have just launched here (New Zealand) too. My first attempt at adding them today, and I get the message 'sorry you cannot report gas prices as you are a waze baby' (which I'm not) - anyone else have this problem?
haluca
Send a message

Post by Hedgefox
I was wondering where the correct place to post suggested features would be.

I like the Gas Prices feature a lot, but would like to see two elements added.

First, to tag three gas stations as favorites that stay at the top of the list.

Second, add operating hours or ability to filter down to 24 hour gas stations only.

How can I get these features added?

Thanks!
Hedgefox
Send a message

Post by Instigater
I would like criticize a bit this new feature. Latvia is one of the most active wazer countries and we god this feature enabled last thursday. Feature is magnificent but management of information is not only hard but also dangerous on road. Let me explain.

1. Let's start with just a cosmetic issue - we would like to be able to enable gas tank icons just like "other wazers", "police", "dangers", etc. where current price for preferred fuel would be shown.
2. Advancing to unreliable. Reporting prices not always "finds" a gas tank, mostly we heave to pass it and then push report button.
3. And the dangerous one - there are 4 input fields with tiny 4 updateable symbols. Even on decent 3.7 inch touch screen that is really hard to push exactly needed field and updating all of them takes about 40 seconds of not paying needed attention to traffic.

My suggestion is to make popup just like for speedcams and showing current price with two options - "correct" and "update". And update should bring already preselected price text with activated numeric pad and big OK button. And, please, make gas station sesitivity range to about 500m. We would like to update prices as passing by gas tank not after that.
Instigater
Send a message
Community Coordinator: Latvia
LV community: Operācija "Meži" - saraujam!
Other communities: Take the challenge! Go green! Improve map of your country and show us the progress!

Post by Instigater
Mike-1323 wrote:
Bruno3589 wrote:Hi, I have problems too when trying to insert gas pricing in Italy with the Android app version.

When I am near or into the gas station landmark and I try to update gas prices, I get an error telling me that GPS is unreachable, even though it's not true (GPS is active, has signal, and Waze is using it to navigate).

I got the same error with both Waze 3.2.2.2 stable and 3.4.99.110 Beta, so I can't figure out what the problem is (I also tried clearing the cache, which did not help).
I've been reporting this ever since the gas price feature was introduced. Several others have as well. Waze hasn't seemed too concerned about it.
True, I'm having this issue on Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 too! Devs said that it is device's fault or I should go outside. :twisted:

Interesting thou is that I installed GPS logger and now problems occurs only sometimes. Looks like our devices are faster than Waze client can cope with and they must be slowed down.
Instigater
Send a message
Other communities: Take the challenge! Go green! Improve map of your country and show us the progress!

Post by Instigater
Why do we have only one Gas station operator Icon on map and it is not even a gas station but office of that Operator?

Please add a possibility to display ALL Gas stations as icons like Police, Car crash, traffic jam, other wazers, etc.

http://oi48.tinypic.com/29288cl.jpg
Instigater
Send a message