These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by fvwazing
The loss of streetnames in the anouncements and the slightly different directions suggest to me that - at least at the time you generated the route - the client did not have a stable networkconnection. Does this ever happen if you start while still in reach of wifi (as opposed to relying on your 3G r GPRS-connection via AT&T)?

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/29/3ysemave.jpg

(Mind the little triangle and the red line in the middle)
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
davipt wrote:
fvwazing wrote:http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/29/3ysemave.jpg

(Mind the little triangle and the red line in the middle)
And the lack of any "o", "E" or "3G" on the right of the operator name ;)
I could not use "Airplane mode" to simulate this behavior because that would shut down GPS as well.
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
davipt wrote:
fvwazing wrote: I could not use "Airplane mode" to simulate this behavior because that would shut down GPS as well.
You can just disable data connection, next to the disable 3g setting.
No, I can't. That disables "mobile data connection" over anything but wifi. I should have taken down the wifi-router for taking out wifi as well, but I neither bothered to go upstairs nor did I want to involve my housemates into Waze-debugging.
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
Search "remove cams" on this forum and then read your statement again ;-)
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by gtflip
I have 3.5.1 on an iPhone 4 with iOS 6.0.1. I use T-Mobile with no data plan.

I have wifi at work and home, and start navigation using that. When I get to the other end, though, Waze almost never recognizes the wifi, so I can't submit anything. I have "Searching network..." in red at the top of the app, even though I'm on wifi, can check email, etc.

One suggestion I have for favorites is to fill the text field on the "Name favorite" screen with the name of the place, if it has one. If I've searched for "Smith's Olde Bar" and found it, it seems silly to have to retype the name that's right below it. :-)

Thanks for a very useful app!
gtflip
Send a message

Post by Gwildor12
Not a specific bug report but a UI issue. The reports page in the app: the little bubbles make it impossible for me to read the numbers.
As a suggestion could you remove the background bubbles completely and make the digits slightly larger/Bolder. Also black on white will contrast a lot better and I wont crash my car trying to read an obscured "8" :) Thanks.
Gwildor12
Send a message

Post by iainhouse
According to the UK comedy show Shooting Stars (I saw a repeat a couple of nights ago - good timing)
The Dutch language started as a joke that got out of hand
:)
iainhouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Answers: 1
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... c4/AGC.pnghttps://sign.waze.tools/s2000.pnghttps://sign.waze.tools/c6.png
My scripts: WME FixUI WME Presets :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season

Post by iJewJitsu
Crash still exists, but as this is the official release of the latest beta, I didn't expect otherwise. Hopefully my logs from the beta help.
iJewJitsu
Send a message
iPhone 4S - iOS 6.1.2 - jailbroken
Waze v3.7.2

Post by iJewJitsu
I don't have AllPlay but I do have the crash on startup since 3.5 and on.
iJewJitsu
Send a message
iPhone 4S - iOS 6.1.2 - jailbroken
Waze v3.7.2

Post by invented
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
simonhowes wrote:App for iOS loses every setting such as map colour, speed reverts back to km/h, voice navigation defaults etc after an update.

Is this ever going to be fixed? Really off-putting, not just to me but other Wazers too.
That should only happen if you delete the previous version first. I've never seen this happen. And unless people just don't say anything, I don't think this is a widespread issue.
Mine always reverts back to mph. I've reported it before. Still not fixed.
invented
Send a message