Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Missing Wazers

Post by kimberly20882
Good Morning!

I'm very new to waze and enjoying it very much. I just have one quick question. My finace and I carpool together, so we will have our apps open on each of our phones. At times we do not see the same waze people. He will have different ones then me and vs versa. I'm not sure what we are doing wrong or if there are so many we can't view them all so we are given different ones. I was wondering if someone could explain this to me.

Thanks!

Kim
kimberly20882

POSTER_ID:12234911

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I think it's 40. :) But either way, the view on both devices will likely never be 100% the same in terms of other Wazers on the screen. In fact, because of the limit, you may not ever see each other sometimes. Too many Wazers = poor app performance with too many things to draw and track on the screen.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by dmcconachie
Default is actually 80. You can also tweak this if you're into hacking the pref file. Though I'm not sure what effect it will have on the app or if the server will actually allow more.

via tapatalk
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by kimberly20882
Thank you.

Ahh makes perfect sense. I know we are driving with our apps both open I see some that he doesn't see and he has some I don't see on my phone. I started only yesterday and I'm enjoying it very much. It's already saved me time and hassle on this mornings commute. It's kinda funny we both have to take turns to edit something as we don't want it edit twice. I wish he would nap, so I could take over! :D :D :D

Thank you again for your response!

Cheers!
kimberly20882
Send a message

Post by kimberly20882
Thank you all for your repsonses. Cleared it up completely. It was driving me crazy, :? in the same car, same location, and different wazers on our screen.

WAZE ON :D
kimberly20882
Send a message

Post by OldGnome
Kimberly20882 wrote:Good Morning!

I'm very new to waze and enjoying it very much. I just have one quick question. My finace and I carpool together, so we will have our apps open on each of our phones. At times we do not see the same waze people. He will have different ones then me and vs versa. I'm not sure what we are doing wrong or if there are so many we can't view them all so we are given different ones. I was wondering if someone could explain this to me.

Thanks!

Kim
You are doing nothing wrong. Wazers show up with a delay of 2-5 minutes. It's intentional - a privacy issue.
OldGnome
Send a message

Post by OldGnome
Kimberly20882 wrote:Thank you.

Ahh makes perfect sense. I know we are driving with our apps both open I see some that he doesn't see and he has some I don't see on my phone. I started only yesterday and I'm enjoying it very much. It's already saved me time and hassle on this mornings commute. It's kinda funny we both have to take turns to edit something as we don't want it edit twice. I wish he would nap, so I could take over! :D :D :D

Thank you again for your response!

Cheers!
You are very welcome.

Another note - there is a limit to the number of Wazers you will see. I think it's 20. That is another reason you are both seeing different Wazers.
OldGnome
Send a message