Anybody out there? UAE

Moderators: MapSir, Arnoniem, bazgrant

Re: Anybody out there? UAE

Postby bazgrant » Sat May 19, 2012 1:50 pm

I became the area manager for the Khalifa City A and Yas Island area in Abu Dhabi a few days ago, already fixed a ton of problems, finding limitations in the editor though which means I may have to go out and drive certain routes to check things
Image Image
bazgrant
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby springstone » Wed May 30, 2012 2:40 pm

Hi,

I drive a lot in the UAE, so cover most of it during a year... I'm also an area manager for the general Dubai area :)

Hello everyone :)

S
springstone

Postby OD5NA » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:07 pm

Hi Everybody,
i'm very upset of those new guys just coming in and playing around the map and misplacing things
or trying to get points just by editing the map!
I have been working on Dubai map since almost 2 years, some areas are left as it's cause it's a temporary road the final path is not yet finished!
i've been working on the editor cartouche before the latest editor came out, which is more fun and easy to work with, but i'm frustrated cause many out there just don't know the logic that waze works and just wants to help, before i started editing i was in contact with the waze team asking help watching videos on how to, took me around 2 months to get things right on cartouche. What we need here is to organize our house.
I would appreciate if people stop tampering with the map and leave it to people more experienced,
If you have an issue just mark it and let the area manager take care of it, of no area manager is there I can assist in doing that.

OD5NA

Postby OD5NA » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:16 pm

Why i'm
writing this because someone deleted PALM ISLAND and i don't see why or what for ???
OD5NA

Anybody out there? UAE

Postby fvwazing » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:49 pm

Are you sure that you are working on the right server? (world.waze.com)

(edit)
Oops, did not read your 1st post. Be assured you are not the 1st to see such things; soon we will have a new permission-system that could make such errors very hard to happen.
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1
fvwazing
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby f1photos » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:14 pm

You haven't really grasped one of the major things with waze. If a road is following a temporary route it should be added, and then when the route is finalised it can be corrected. This isn't a map which only gets updated once a year (if you're lucky), it gets updated weekly or better (or it's meant to be).

However the drawback is that people can delete huge chunks either accidentally or deliberately. You could try locking the major routes (as much as I hate locked segments it is sometimes necessary)
f1photos

Postby irnbru01 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:31 pm

Hello!!
Just joined a few days ago and now have enough driving points to start editing, but now my edits wont save :( System down til tomorrow??
irnbru01

Anybody out there? UAE

Postby fvwazing » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:45 pm

Check http://status.waze.com for info on the status of the servers. There is an infrastructure change going on.
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1
fvwazing
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby shadilsha » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:14 am

Well Am New to Waze , its an amazing software to use (on my htc wildfire s) i live about in sharjah and have frequent visits to dubai & ajman mainly and other emirates not always but sometimes... i will be in touch for issues i encounter if any ... god bless all wazers....
shadilsha

Postby TheOtherNeo » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:31 pm

I've recently started using Waze and noticed that there is quite a lot of data in the maps which is useless/confusing. In the Al Quoz area every single junction was made up of three or more one-way streets. The intersections were even worse and looked like spaghetti. When driving using navigation I would be instructed to keep right whilst the turn should be a left turn and vice-versa.

As per the Waze map editor's wiki, data should be kept to a bare minimum, and even states that roads should not be split unless there are very specific reasons. I have made an attempt to correct some of the roads, but this seems to be a Dubai map wide issue.
TheOtherNeo

PreviousNext

Return to United Arab Emirates [دولة الإمارات العربية المتحدة]