Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Suggestion - Traffic Light Outages

Post by kimberly20882
As for United States maps could there be something for traffic light outages? I know I work in area with tons of trees and storms are forever knocking out power to traffic lights. If these could be avoided in advance it would really help cut down on the commute although, maybe WAZE devirts you realizing there is a lot of build of traffic at these lights. Just a thought and I'm new here, so this might have already been a subject of interest.

Cheers!
kimberly20882

POSTER_ID:12234911

Send a message

Post by AndyPoms
It's been suggested before (and not just for the US)...

You can report them as a general Hazard report, don't select On Road/On Shoulder, but just write a description.

You are correct that Waze will detect the traffic and evaluate options to get around it - remember sometimes going through the traffic is still the fastest way to your destination.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by kimberly20882
Thank you AndyPoms.

I will do so going forward when the traffic lights are out. They can cause quite the mess, but you're right even going through the traffic is sometimes faster which is quite amazing. This mornings route to work was new due to changes in traffic and I've lived here 30 years and never knew this way. I can't drive without my WAZE!

Cheers and thank you!
kimberly20882
Send a message