Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Edit needed, beyond my understandings

Post by FastKatt
I was directed, by Waze, to drive in a circle, just ahead of the point marked on this map:
https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-84.87 ... TTTTTTTTFT
There is no reason for this, but I can't see what needs to be changed to fix it.
Any help would be great, thanks for looking!
FastKatt

POSTER_ID:11371603

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
What was your destination, or near your destination, and what route would you expect to follow?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
FastKatt wrote:I was headed to the expressway... I would expect to just drive straight (as I did 'see arrows')
Waze wanted me to drive around the block & get back on the same street I was driving on.
According to the UR that was on the map earlier, but someone closed, Waze was trying to get you to go back the other direction, not get back on the same road the same direction. Maybe that wasn't your UR...
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Those segments are red because you haven't finished the editing job of assigning a city and name. http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Crea ... ng_details

They also should NOT be ramps. Ramps are for grade-separated interchanges only. http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Ramp#Ramps

I've unlocked the segments so you can connect the dedicated turn lanes. Though, in reality, they really add too much complexity to an intersection which only really needs one dedicated turn lane (northeast). The other turns simply don't need them.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
FastKatt wrote:Thanks, but you do realize I am talking about the directions infront of my location?
The "loop" NW of my trouble marker.
Oh, yes. I do. :) You still have them set as ramps. Please fix.

Even Livemap does the odd routing loop: http://www.waze.com/livemap/?zoom=11&lo ... g=45200796

Looking at the edit map again...
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-84.87 ... s=54188887 junction had a geometry node beyond the intersection, caused by use of Cartouche. I'm fixing things up.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Attachments

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Three of your "ramp" dedicated turn lanes don't have turns allowed. And if you have a dedicated turn lane, then you must restrict the turn at the main intersection junction. (allow the right turn lane, but disable the turn turn where the main streets meet)
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
FastKatt wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Three of your "ramp" dedicated turn lanes don't have turns allowed. And if you have a dedicated turn lane, then you must restrict the turn at the main intersection junction. (allow the right turn lane, but disable the turn turn where the main streets meet)
As stated above, I can't correct the turning rights on the major roads.
Sure you can. I wrote I unlocked all the segments for you. As of this writing, Waze will choose to route to the center junction to turn right instead of the right-turn lanes you added because of turns being restricted at the point they diverge from the main road and the turn at the main center junction is still enabled.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
FastKatt wrote:I clicked on the segments into the intersection, the arrows show up but I can't click to change them...
How about now? (I missed one!)
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by FastKatt
I was headed to the expressway... I would expect to just drive straight (as I did 'see arrows')
Waze wanted me to drive around the block & get back on the same street I was driving on.
FastKatt
Send a message