[Script] Live Map UR Layer v2.24 (20160202)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: Proof of Concept script: UR layer in Live Map

Postby leocylau » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:21 pm

arh...I can't get it work. Can't see the check box at all :?
UK WikiWaze StatusUK Forum

'For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved.' 1 Cor. 10:33b

Newcastle upon Tyne AM, HK CM
Motorola Razr i
leocylau
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Timbones » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:11 pm

leocylau wrote:arh...I can't get it work. Can't see the check box at all :?

Requires a secure connection > https://world.waze.com/livemap/
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Global Wiki Moderator • Routing Expert
Extensions: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby leocylau » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:12 pm

thank tim, it works now ;)
UK WikiWaze StatusUK Forum

'For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved.' 1 Cor. 10:33b

Newcastle upon Tyne AM, HK CM
Motorola Razr i
leocylau
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Proof of Concept script: Live Map UR Layer v0.4 (2012110

Postby petervdveen » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:45 pm

This works great!! ;)
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators

Re: Proof of Concept script: Live Map UR Layer v0.5 (2012112

Postby Twister-UK » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:18 pm

With the international editor out of action, I decided to dust off the LMUR source and do some long overdue updates...

0.5 fixes a data retrieval glitch which exhibited itself in the northern reaches of the UK (and would most likely also appear in other parts of the world too), it moves the script info/activation checkbox up to the top of the livemap view, and, saving the best till last, it now features overview popups for the UR and problem markers.

Note that, unlike the popups in my UROverview script, these ones are (for the moment at least) just for information - there's no links to open WME at the UR/problem location etc.

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/150276
L4 AM for NW London and Shetland Islands - HTC One M8/Android 5.0.1
Waze App 3.9.9.0, not about to switch to 4.x any time soon...
WME/Livemap enhancement scripts @ GreasyFork and Chrome Web Store
Twister-UK
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby foxitrot » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:36 am

Aiming to perfection? ;)

Twister_UK wrote:... it now features overview popups for the UR and problem markers.
Note that, unlike the popups in my UROverview script, these ones are (for the moment at least) just for information...

I do not see the the overview popups for URs+MPs on INTL server - because of the shut down WME?

Never mind. The script uses a vertical yellow rectangle, sized approx. 70 x 100 km, as a looking glass for the markers. Is there any specific reason to make it vertical (if not already a square), like an API constraint? A horizontal orientation would suit more...

The Extended Tools for Papyrus and one more Timbones' script contain (or contained) code for maximizing the usable area by (at least) hiding the upper black Waze banner and navigation bar. Could you try to bind such change (hide the "body_bg.png", "content_wrapper"/"navigation" and "content_wrapper"/"navigation_bottom_wrapper" in order to vertically enlarge the LiveMap's "map_container" area) on the "Show URs/map checkbox problems" state?
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new social Android 4.0.xx.yyy (OP-X LOL-a-popp).
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Twister-UK » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:00 am

foxitrot wrote:I do not see the the overview popups for URs+MPs on INTL server - because of the shut down WME?

No, the script has been working OK for me all throughout the shutdown. If the red/green markers have been placed on the livemap, then the script has all the information it needs to generate the popups, so there must be some other reason why they're not appearing. Do you see any errors in the javascript console?

foxitrot wrote:Never mind. The script uses a vertical yellow rectangle, sized approx. 70 x 100 km, as a looking glass for the markers. Is there any specific reason to make it vertical (if not already a square), like an API constraint? A horizontal orientation would suit more...

When requesting the UR/problem data from the Waze server, the largest area you can ask for in a single request is 1 degree * 1 degree, and so this is what the script currently requests each time you move/zoom the map. The reason this 1*1 area appears to be rectangular rather than square is due to the projection method used to generate the live map - the further north or south you move from the equator, the more the projection vertically stretches the map. If you view the livemap near the equator, you should see the script bounding box appears to be a square, and as you then pan north or south, you'll see it slowly elongating into the portrait-oriented rectangle more familiar to users in non-equatorial regions...

One of the things I'll be looking into for future versions of the script is a more intelligent data request process, so that the script doesn't ask for more data than necessary if you're zoomed right into the map, and also so that it can request multiple blocks of data to cover more of the map when you're zoomed further out.

foxitrot wrote:The Extended Tools for Papyrus and one more Timbones' script contain (or contained) code for maximizing the usable area by (at least) hiding the upper black Waze banner and navigation bar. Could you try to bind such change (hide the "body_bg.png", "content_wrapper"/"navigation" and "content_wrapper"/"navigation_bottom_wrapper" in order to vertically enlarge the LiveMap's "map_container" area) on the "Show URs/map checkbox problems" state?

Possibly...
Twister-UK
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby foxitrot » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:03 pm

Twister_UK wrote:
foxitrot wrote:I do not see the the overview popups for URs+MPs on INTL server - because of the shut down WME?

No, the script has been working OK for me all throughout the shutdown. If the red/green markers have been placed on the livemap, then the script has all the information it needs to generate the popups, so there must be some other reason why they're not appearing. Do you see any errors in the javascript console?

I've restarted the browser some 20 minutes after posting that. Now I can correctly see the tooltip popups. Thus... no idea :(
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new social Android 4.0.xx.yyy (OP-X LOL-a-popp).
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Proof of Concept script: Live Map UR Layer v0.6 (2012112

Postby Twister-UK » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:30 pm

0.6 resolves what I suspect was a long-standing problem which would incorrecly trigger the "unable to access..." handler if the server returned partial data for any other users in addition to the data expected for the logged-in user.

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/150276
Twister-UK
Area Manager
Area Manager

Re: [Script] Live Map UR Layer v0.6 (20121125)

Postby Kuhlkatz » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:24 pm

The LiveMap UR Layer overlay seems to break the functionality of the 'Get Directions' shortcut on the top left. Once it is enabled, clicking this link does nothing, where it would normally display a "From:" and "To:" text entry boxes to enter Navigation start and end points, in place of the normal "Search Address" textbox.
Clicking on livemap & setting a start end end still works and calculates the routes, but it also does not toggle the search textbox like it usually does.

Anyone else having this, or is it just me ?
Carel Cornelius
AM : Centurion & Sandton, ZA
CM & Coordinator, South Africa
(HTC One, Android 5.0.2, v7.19.401.51)
South African Wiki Waze Wiki Map Editing
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts