Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Flakey editor (NA 19/20 Nov 2012)

Post by MisterMooCow
I'm having intermittent issues with WME -- sometimes when I click on a segment, it gets selected, but the details don't show up (i.e., I can't see any of the segment's properties, let alone edit it). Sometimes when I create a new segment and go to name it, the country drop-down won't be populated (and thus there won't be a state). Attempts to fill out the city/name of the segment and "apply" are rejected with the response that I should fill out the country name (which is still a blank drop-down).

I've tried turning off extensions but that doesn't seem to help. After a while (minutes), the details will suddenly appear and I'll be able to make changes.

I tried watching the console to see if anything looked odd-- The only thing that looks vaguely interesting is a 403 that comes back:

GET http://marx.waze.com/socket.io/1/?sessionId=... 403 (Forbidden)

But this seems to appear on the console even if things are working (maybe), so I'm not quite quite sure how diagnostic it is.

Anyone else seeing this?
MisterMooCow

POSTER_ID:4255912

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
kendewey wrote:Has anyone found out the fix for this yet? I am still having this issue intermittently.
Waze has to fix it with an editor update. The only workaround is leaving the landmarks layer off unless you really need to edit/add a landmark.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AndyPoms
By any chance is your landmark layer turned on?
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by AndyPoms
See this post: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=31044

Search that topic for "landmark"...
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by kendewey
Has anyone found out the fix for this yet? I am still having this issue intermittently.
kendewey
Send a message

Post by mbplatt
I have the same issue and haven't been able to figure out what causes it to happen or stop. It's been happening to me since the editor update.

I do have the landmark layer turned on and will try turning it off.
mbplatt
Send a message

Post by MisterMooCow
Odd... I've had it on for weeks but the problem only seems to have started in the past 24 hours or so. I've got it turned off and will see if it makes any difference.

Thanks!
MisterMooCow
Send a message