Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by IPatch
Same problem in Quebec. No gas station available for both location finding and price updating.
Please fix that.
IPatch
Send a message

Post by itsmykl
Mostly NJ now only sign posts Regular Cash and Credit prices and Diesel C/C if available so it is hard to update the other prices without driving up to all the pumps. Is it possible to update only Regular?
itsmykl
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Welcome back, Dror!
krankyd wrote: In the US:
* We get new prices update automatically once a day, but we still rely on the community to keep them updated, as gas prices change frequently.
(bolding mine)

This doesn't seem to be happening, at least not around here.
photo.PNG
(30.21 KiB) Downloaded 12747 times
After I updated this one, I thought that maybe it was because this is an independent station, so I drove around and found a Chevron and a Shell that had not been updated in 5 days either. (Sorry, no screen captures on those two)
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
I'll keep an eye on that station and see if it auto updates to a lower price. The price I entered today for unleaded was 15¢ higher than the 3rd party price 5 days ago (which was probably correct at the time).
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
olestas wrote:How will the map look if more paid ads appear simultaneously? Will we be able to disable this or somehow limit? I am afraid that map will be unusable and laggy.
We've been told that no more than 3 paid ads will appear on the screen at once to avoid clutter.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
BWSEZ wrote:Gas price function is not finding any stations for me today or yesterday.
Even while I am at station putting gas in my car.
Same here. Some kind of outage I guess.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
The gas prices system is mostly useless here. As much as we report the correct prices, we frequently come across stations that have prices that are weeks out of date, but Wazers drive by and confirm the outdated prices that were already there over and over again without actually updating the prices.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jondrush
Waze asked us not to delete the stations they created. They are aware of the problem with moved gas stations not updating.
jondrush
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by joseantonio33
ronnyromero wrote:for what i have seen, you should be ready to launch in Panama. Major Brands:

Texaco - 60
Delta - 180 Stations
TERPEL/ACCEL - 85 Stations
PUMA - 41 Stations
Others - ???
others independent o white brand is easier to identify
http://www.autoridaddelconsumidor.gob.p ... 1_p.m..pdf
joseantonio33
Send a message
Twitter :@JoseAntonioGB

Post by KB_Steveo
jasonh300 wrote:Welcome back, Dror!
krankyd wrote: In the US:
* We get new prices update automatically once a day, but we still rely on the community to keep them updated, as gas prices change frequently.
(bolding mine)

This doesn't seem to be happening, at least not around here.
Just because Waze updates once a day doesn't mean "3rd party" does.
mapcat wrote:Most update daily around me, but I've also seen some that report last being updated 2 or 3 days ago. I also suspect that some of my updated prices have been changed back. Pretty sure I posted $3.89 at a station after a big jump, and saw it showing $3.69 by "3rd party" in the client later when I passed it again (still $3.89).
Possibly Waze's daily update of outdated 3rd party pricing is overwriting yours? Maybe Waze can modify the way they import the data and compare last update times?
KB_Steveo
Send a message
images/ranks/BetaTester_Badge.png[img]https:///nRpy81[/img]
WI State Manager
NE Wisconsin Area Manager (Green Bay / Appleton / Sturgeon Bay)
Wisconsin mapping resources curator