Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Friends without FaceBook

Post by
Hi @ all,

I'd like to add my Dad in Waze but he doesn't use FaceBook. Is FaceBook necessary for my Friends to become my Waze-Friend?

POSTER_ID:3942736

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
d3mmy wrote:Waze is now owned by Google will my Google account be integrated now or will they finally remove the FB friend requirement?
No.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
You can add friends without facebook with v3.8 now. No need to have this thread anymore.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by alvarezbjm
I am against waze using any portion of facebook. Just add a waze only database, it is easy enough. It is not like I, or my friend drivers, will be using at the same time. Also, I don't like giving my location to facebook wall. :?
alvarezbjm
Send a message

Post by Bamablond
cherianchris wrote:
OldGnome wrote:
majic12 wrote:...its actually comical that a system like waze is incapable of forging ahead without facebook.
You mean instead of building their own social network infrastructure? I would much rather the app remain focused on driving than social networking.

+1
FB is an option, not a compulsion to use Waze.

Regards,
Chris

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk 2
If its an option, how come I can't add friends without using facebook, which is why I am here, to find out how to add friends without using facebook. the world doesn't need to see what I do with my friends, the purpose of WAZE was for traffic and traffic comunity, not to be facebook slaves, or even let facebook see, hear, or know, anything about my WAZE activities. Its sad WAZE sold out to facebook.
Bamablond
Send a message

Post by Bigfootinya1
Facebook Is For Kids-kids Dnt Drive Much-Kids Dnt Care Bout Traffic-Therefore Get Rid Of The Facebook Features! We Are Adults Here On Waze!
Bigfootinya1
Send a message

Post by cameraguy
I vote for this too!
cameraguy
Send a message

Post by cherianchris
OldGnome wrote:
majic12 wrote:...its actually comical that a system like waze is incapable of forging ahead without facebook.
You mean instead of building their own social network infrastructure? I would much rather the app remain focused on driving than social networking.

+1
FB is an option, not a compulsion to use Waze.

Regards,
Chris

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk 2
cherianchris
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
“It is not power that corrupts, but fear. Fear of losing power corrupts those who wield it, and fear of the scourge of power, corrupts those who are subject to it.”
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/1/13/Monster.png

Post by cherianchris
I use Waze on my Motorcycle with Bluetooth Earphones in my Helmet. And I don't try to look at the screen when moving.

Waze employs a time delay, so it would be practically impossible for you to locate your missing rider if he strays too far from the pack. More advisable to use Short Wave Radio for Group Motorcycling.

MB526 - > Tapatalk 2
cherianchris
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
“It is not power that corrupts, but fear. Fear of losing power corrupts those who wield it, and fear of the scourge of power, corrupts those who are subject to it.”
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/1/13/Monster.png

Post by d3mmy
Waze is now owned by Google will my Google account be integrated now or will they finally remove the FB friend requirement?

http://phys.org/news/2013-08-waze-traff ... oogle.html
d3mmy
Send a message

Post by DGlanem
Yes, I don't trust FC too...! :!:
It's not good to force Facebook to earn Points. :roll:

You can Add a frient in your UserControlPanel.
But it has no function. :cry:
DGlanem
Send a message
Area-Manager: Landkreis Helmstedt (city & county), germany, Niedersachsen (lower saxony)
Wazing with Volkswagen GolfVII and Samsung Galaxy S3

* * * Excuse my terrible english... * * *