These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Constantly flashing soft keys (Galaxy S Showcase)

Post by CrackedLCD
I've searched and searched and come up empty, so maybe someone can help me. When using Waze, my soft keys constantly flash. It's like someone is constantly tapping the screen and waking them up.

During the day it's not very noticeable since they're a dim white, but at night it's very annoying because it's blinking right in my eyes. I've tried turning off (and on) the 'prevent screen lock' option, but it doesn't have any affect. Neither does activating or deactivating voice controls w/ 3 finger tap.

The screen timeout is either set to 10 minutes or infinite, so there should be no need to constantly "keep awake" the screen — it ain't goin' off anytime soon. So is there a way to stop the constant flash… flash… flash…? :cry:
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:9267405

Send a message

Post by CrackedLCD
It's still present for me. No more upgrades are in the pipeline for the Showcase variant, so we're forever stuck with 2.3.5… until the contract runs out next month and I dump this horribly slow carrier for 20th century technology. ;)
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by mysticcobra
I have had the same issue (feature) on my Samsung Infuse (Galaxy 1b) but I don't know if the feature is still present since upgrading to the latest waze version 3.5.0 and upgrading to Gingerbread (Android 2.3.6).
mysticcobra
Send a message
Jimmy
Samsung Galaxy S6-Android 7.0, Waze 4.50.1.1
Northern VA