Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Offline driving points?

Post by darkneon
Do we get points when driving offline using the Android/Apple app? If not we should.

For example: I live in Belgium and for my work I drive allot to Germany and the Netherlands so I cached the area's needed to navigate there without 3G.

I do seem to be able to munch New/updated roads

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
===========================================

Verzonden met Tapatalk op mijn Samsung Galaxy Note(GT-N7000) running Android 4.0.4
darkneon

POSTER_ID:4471110

Send a message

Post by darkneon
Waze wil route me offline but I won't get all the other things because data roaming is simply too expensive to use.

On international trips i simply use Waze to remind me to take the exit,I have fixed routes so I know the way

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
===========================================

Verzonden met Tapatalk op mijn Samsung Galaxy Note(GT-N7000) running Android 4.0.4
darkneon
Send a message

Post by maantje76
You only get points if your 'drive' is uploaded. So start with an internet connection and finish with an internet connection can give a positive result.

But Waze is designed to use with an active internet connection. You need it for routing, to report events, to see events, to see other Wazers, to provide automatic traffic info,....etc

Why you want to use it, if you lose all benefits of the Waze app?

I don't agree your statement you should earn points for offline km's. Why you should? You aren't do anything to 'help' other Wazers in the area you're driving...
maantje76
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by mssusa
maantje76 wrote: ...
I don't agree your statement you should earn points for offline km's. Why you should? You aren't do anything to 'help' other Wazers in the area you're driving...
Not exactly true. He's not contributing to live traffic data, but he's still contributing to average speeds data. I haven't tried if it works, but my experience is that when waze loses connectivity for some time you also lose the session. On a 350km freeway I frequent I lose connectivity many times (from a few seconds to a few minutes). My drive on WME is always broken into 2~5 drives. Sometimes the drives are connected and sometimes there are gaps of tens of kilometers. Those gaps are lost forever.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message