These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by invented
stevecody wrote: Problem persists
1. When tapping on a Wazer on the map, their information popup is still off screen. I must scroll the screen down to view their information.
I think this release was just a "fix showstopper problems" release.
invented
Send a message

Post by invented
This seemed to fix my JVC headunit crashing problem, except one time where my whole phone rebooted.
invented
Send a message

Post by invented
my phone has just become really unstable when Waze is running and the Bluetooth/USB gets reinitialized after a restart of the car. Sometimes Waze won't respond at all, sometimes the whole phone locks up and the buttons stop responding, I'm just not sure what the culprit is.
invented
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Switch-Off bug still exists.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
invented wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
simonhowes wrote:App for iOS loses every setting such as map colour, speed reverts back to km/h, voice navigation defaults etc after an update.

Is this ever going to be fixed? Really off-putting, not just to me but other Wazers too.
That should only happen if you delete the previous version first. I've never seen this happen. And unless people just don't say anything, I don't think this is a widespread issue.
Mine always reverts back to mph. I've reported it before. Still not fixed.
How close are you to the US border? I wonder if Waze thinks you're in the U.S. because the Waze borders aren't very precise.

---------
Via my iPhone 3GS.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
fvwazing wrote:Just tested the "share drive" feature in the Netherlands. At the receiving end the website is in... Spanish.
They probably couldn't find anyone to translate from Spanish to Netherlese.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
fvwazing wrote:
I'm in Finland, the text message I got from my friend is in english, but the text on the "Share Drive" Website is in spanish (?).
Ok, now try to crack a joke on the Finnish.
The Finnish or the Start?
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
bz2012 wrote:(I kind of miss the 'sweet voice' of the substitute lady that was just telling me to turn right and left, but glad to have street names back.
If you set TTS to "minimal", you'll get that voice, without the street names.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
You can turn off the proximity sensor in the voice recognition options.

Via my iPhone 3GS.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
TigPT wrote:I didn't found a topic or category for Feature request, so here it is.

Split this post if this is not the right place for it.

Feature Request: Simple speed limit indicator. Is always useful if not annoying and here is my suggestion.

If (waze know current road speed limit) and if (current speed is above current road speed limit) then (change the velocimeter image to one with the proibit sign or something like that).

Reverse this if speed is below or if enter a road of unknown speed limit.
The problem is that there's no reliable way to gather this data without Waze going from a free app to a very expensive app.

It could be crowdsourced like a lot of the other data we currently have, but the data would have to be 100% complete before it would be reliable...that would never happen.

I had a GPS app on an old Window Phone several years back with a speed limit and overspeed alert feature. However, it seemed to guess the speed limit based on the road type. The problem was that is that it was rarely right. It often thought the speed limit was 45 when it was actually 30. Any interstate highway was set at 70, even through cities where the speed limit dropped as low as 50.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message