Best strategy for creating house numbers?

Post by markopanama
Panama being very much a do it yourself country, we don't have house numbers or even formal street names (The McDonalds Street, for example). Here in Boquete we created a foundation that keeps a database of resident ID numbers with directions to their house and a 24/7 hot line, which interfaces with the emergency responders. We have also created a house numbering system with unique house numbers for each registered resident. Obviously, they do not follow US style numbering conventions.

What I want to do is find the best way to enter these numbers into Waze, which would give responders turn by turn right to the house. I would like some feedback on the best strategy:

- Create a private road (driveway) for each house, name it with the ID number and/or family name
- Find a way to add discrete house numbers by GPS coords or clicking on the map (I can't find anything about this on the forums, although it has been discussed)
- Some other way I am not aware of...

Thanks in advance. In the last two days working with the map editor, I've cleaned up our whole town. We now have the most complete and accurate map of this area ever created.
markopanama

POSTER_ID:11162923

Send a message