Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by jentdrive
Is there a dedicated page I can bookmark with a list of countries with toll road support?

Also, I drive a 6.5 hour trip to visit my family but I end up paying about $40 each way over about six tolls. According to the Google Maps "avoid toll roads" option I can eliminate most of these and only add an hour to my trip. Will I be able to tap the "Routes" option and see a toll-free (or toll-minimized) alternative, even if it adds more time and distance to the route?

Thanks!
jentdrive
Send a message

Post by john-lala
Please enable this Option for Germany. We had a similar post already on April 2nd...

... and btw. MERRY CHRISTMAS to all !!!

<< explanation:
Yes, we do have toll roads in Germany... not many, as you can read in earlier posts (and here:viewtopic.php?f=197&t=45045 ). But the main advantage would be to be able to plan trips to neighboring countries properly.

Scenario: we spend Christmas in Bavaria, for New Years we'll spend some time in Switzerland. To reach our destination we'll have to cross some short distance on Austrian streets.

I do have the "Vingette" for the Swiss Highway system (it's about € 35,00 for the full year) but I would not like to buy the Austrian 10-day-pass (for € 8,50) which I won't be using on the way back!

So I'm sitting here (near Munich) and I would like to plan my trip at least to the Austrian-Swiss border town of "Sankt Margrethen" with no toll roads. From there on I'd like to re-enable toll roads for our further trip.

But alas... I can't even disable toll roads, can't even see the darn option in my settings. All because I sit in good ol' Germany, where we have no toll roads (not yet!!!)

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/26/qydepyta.jpg

So again: please, please enable the toll-road-option for Germany -- and make my day!!!

end explanation >>
john-lala
Send a message

Post by john-lala
Now thank you very much for that useful response... Could you please point out to us who the heck our coordinator would be?!!

If he/she doesn't read this thread, he/she might not be interested in this feature, b/c he/she might not be traveling to neighboring countries with toll roads and thus doesn't give a sh*t.

If you, the almighty coordinator, do give a sh*t and read this thread, then please forgive me for my direct manner... but I'd still wonder why you took no action several months' ago...

I say we (all of Germany) need this option enabled and we don't need it in a year, we need it sooner rather than later!

... If you (the humble reader) are with me, please give me a "thank you" for this post and maybe, maybe our sheer numbers will persuade the coordinator to look into this...

sincerely,
john-lala
Send a message

Post by john-lala
Dear Peter,

please excuse the rant. Posted in the D-A-CH forum (German speaking countries) as well and pointed to this thread... We'll see what happens. TY for your response.
john-lala
Send a message

Post by jokizwo
Hi from Germany. It's true that we have no general toll roads but we have some points were "toll road" is used and avoiding would be wishful. For example there is a ferry over a river near my town. This is marked as toll road. I used to have the option to avoid toll roads ( yes it had been enabled!!!!?) and therefore could avoid the stupid ferry. But currently I do not have this option anymore and waze proposes the routes via this ferry (although you can easily drive by via bridges ...soooo...

Shall we get the option to avoid toll or shall we edit the ferry to non-drivable?!?!? Please advise thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
jokizwo
Send a message
waze pioneer

Post by kiki-rovinj
Hi,
Croatia has 99% of toll roads included.
Please enable even Croatia.
Thanks.
Kristijan
kiki-rovinj
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
[img]https:///hh75S[/img]
Waze Beta 3.9.3 • Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo Android 4.4.2.
Croatian Community Leader • Croatian Forum Moderators • Feed Country Manager

Post by lakeyboy
I've checked if all Australian toll roads have been done (as per this thread: http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 72#p226572) and apart from a couple of minor fix-ups, every toll road is tagged. So please enable toll roads for Australia :)
lakeyboy
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Proud Melburnian and Australian Country Manager.
Map edits: 322,000+ | Distance travelled: 134,050km+ | Reports made: 3660+
Join in more Australian Waze discussion on Discord!: https://discordapp.com/channels/446249570423406605

Post by lakeyboy
Just thought of this suggestion while driving today.

I drove onto a toll road (on purpose) while I had Waze set to avoid them. Currently with that setting on, Waze will pretend the toll road does not exist at all on the map while you drive on it (It does the same thing as would driving somewhere where Waze has no map data). I personally think that instead, Waze should calculate and route you the shortest way to get off the toll road, then resume normal navigation with no tolls.

Is this something that is being worked on or is it just the way the 'avoid toll roads' feature is programmed?
lakeyboy
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Proud Melburnian and Australian Country Manager.
Map edits: 322,000+ | Distance travelled: 134,050km+ | Reports made: 3660+
Join in more Australian Waze discussion on Discord!: https://discordapp.com/channels/446249570423406605

Post by LukeFernandezPeaceful
Hi people,

I dont seem to have the option of avoiding Toll Roads over here in the UAE ( Dubai ). I trust that the waze team is working towards avoiding Toll Roads to make my experience on the Waze app much better. Till then I cant use the App and refuse to do so cause thats my only concern in dubai while driving ( To avoid Toll Roads ). The Toll Roads here is reffered to a name called "Salik".
LukeFernandezPeaceful
Send a message

Post by LukeFernandezPeaceful
I really like the application. Im not saying that I dont. Its really awesome. But I beleive this option can be added for my country and the Toll Roads are all mapped. There are very few here in the UAE. For the mean time I am using this App called "RTA Smart Drive". Its good for me as of now cause it has the optionoption of avoiding Toll Roads, but what it does not have is warning me of Speed Cams Etc., so if the waze team does this for me I will greatly appreciate it guys. Hoping for some improvement on the app for my country. (Dubai, UAE)
LukeFernandezPeaceful
Send a message