Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Fixing spoken street name

Post by xRedfoxx
Is there a way to fix how the Waze lady speaks a street name? Her pronunciation is wrong from time to time on local streets.
xRedfoxx

POSTER_ID:4807354

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Not at this time. We don't know if it is planned.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by jasonh300
ottonomy wrote:I spend hours a day driving around on the freeways of Los Angeles, and I can't tell you how much I'd like it if the nice Waze lady could learn that it's not pronounced "loss anjuhLESS" with a heavy accentuation on the last syllable. Putting aside for the moment the fact that almost no one pronounces the name of this city the way it should be said in Spanish, everyone from everywhere knows to say "loss ANjuhless". Why doesn't Miss Samantha know how to say LA?
Samantha says "NEW or-LEENZ" also, which is a sure sign that she's a Yankee.

One day, we might get a field for phonetic pronunciation, but it will most likely be for streets, not city. A couple of the Waze Champs have been doing testing for TTS abbreviations...if they ever get to where they can submit changes, maybe they could submit some city names that are mispronounced and get the pronunciation changed.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by linhartr22
+Bump+ for some way to phonetically spell street names being mangled by text to speech engine.
linhartr22
Send a message

Post by ottonomy
I spend hours a day driving around on the freeways of Los Angeles, and I can't tell you how much I'd like it if the nice Waze lady could learn that it's not pronounced "loss anjuhLESS" with a heavy accentuation on the last syllable. Putting aside for the moment the fact that almost no one pronounces the name of this city the way it should be said in Spanish, everyone from everywhere knows to say "loss ANjuhless". Why doesn't Miss Samantha know how to say LA?
ottonomy
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message
Country Manager & Global Champ - United States
Regional Coordinator - Southwest USA
Area Manager - Southern California

Post by xRedfoxx
Cool!! Thanks for the quick reply!!
xRedfoxx
Send a message