These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by johnny1983de
Can anyone tell me how much data this app consumes on my Blackberry? I only got 500 MB free in a month and I wonder how much traffic is produced. Can anyone tell me? :?:
johnny1983de
Send a message
On the road again.
Blackberry 9700 BB OS 5 mit Waze beta Client

Post by jonprivate
Okay I got this app for the Blackberry working on the storm, but I'm waiting for the real one that will work really well for the Storm. It's a bit tricky to bring up the keyboard and then hide it when finished. But it is working some what for the Storm, so you Storm users out there should be able to get it working . I had to create an account before it would start working right on the Storm. :D
jonprivate
Send a message
Verizon BlackBerry Storm

Post by jonprivate
boardopboy wrote:Ok, so I don't see berries on my BB 8900?

I see them on my iPod. All around me. Those same berries are not on my 8900?

I do get a memory error on app luanch on my BlackBerry, but I can click past it and the app behaves as expected, with the exception of the berries!

Where are the berries?!?!

How does one collect the berries? I see them all around me, and I even drive thru some of them but nothing happens. Do I have to click on them or something? Is there something that isn't showing up on the Storm that should be to allow me to collect those berries?
jonprivate
Send a message
Verizon BlackBerry Storm

Post by jonprivate
I know the touch BlackBerry is not supported, but it seems to work okay. I can do some of the things on there, such as report, search, and new address. But I was wondering if you could make it that we can change our profile from the web site or dashboard, instead of from the phone, or maybe both places. That way I could update or make changes to my profile. Right now I can't because I have a touch phone. This is just a thought. :D

Jon
jonprivate
Send a message
Verizon BlackBerry Storm

Post by jonprivate
dan12345 wrote:Glad to see the memory issue was fixed.

Scoth is right, the new version still shows as v1.5.5, but is still the wished for upgrade.

Regarding the touch screen one - We just released a testing version for storm, to be found in
http://tiny.cc/1559_touch. If you already downloaded waze, and turned of compatibility mode off, you need to turn it back on.

Let us know your feedback either here or at alpha@waze.com, specifically if you managed to complete the sign up process and search for a new address and scroll the map.

Thanks,
Dan.
Has anyone got this version for the storm? I will download it this evening when I get home from work. Post what you are finding out about this version please....
jonprivate
Send a message
Verizon BlackBerry Storm

Post by jonprivate
flyinghellfish wrote:
jonprivate wrote:Has anyone got this version for the storm? I will download it this evening when I get home from work. Post what you are finding out about this version please....
Yep, I'm talking with Dan about it in this thread.... http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 936#p30936
Thanks for the link, that saved me from searching all of the threads!
jonprivate
Send a message
Verizon BlackBerry Storm

Post by jonprivate
Simo299 wrote:My version is Waze 1.5.6.1....
Am i the only one with this version?

I will prefer not to see reports from people far 10.000 Km ....
Who would you prefer to see reports from then??????? :?:
jonprivate
Send a message
Verizon BlackBerry Storm

Post by JoseQuintini
First, let me congratulate you guys for this great program. I`ve used version 1.5.3 and now I`m using 1.5.4. It has worked great in mi Bold 9000 (OS 5.0.0.509) so far. I have noticed that if the GPS signal or the data network is not available when the program starts, most of the time it won`t acquiere them when they become available. Like jhonmac said, it is important to limit the alerts to your area (by city or radius in Km). It`s pretty annoying to receive alerts from other countries. Also,I don´t know the criteria that the program uses to report traffic, but sometimes I`ve been in pretty slow-moving traffic and it doesn´t report it automatically.
The ¨live map¨ on the web page should start by default in your pre-specified city (or the area where you last reported)

That´s it for now....
JoseQuintini
Send a message

Post by kawimantab
Version 2!!! is this a world wide release for Blackberry??? had my BB9700 on all week and haven't had anything yet in ways of an update?????
kawimantab
Send a message
I'm the original Orangutan.....better believe it!!!

Post by kawimantab
Hopefully soon...............my BB hasn't synced in 2/3 weeks!!
kawimantab
Send a message
I'm the original Orangutan.....better believe it!!!