Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by donnacrawford
I'm not sure if you can browse the internal memory on the iPhone? I can't seem to find the original clues on their Facebook page..
donnacrawford
Send a message

Post by donnacrawford
I've just got a new phone, the HTC One X+, and was surprised to see the Purple Monster had not carried over from having activated it back on my previous mobile (HTC Desire Z, also Android).

So I went to recreate the process, and get to the point where I type ##@asr into Navigate, hit enter and it says "ASR Feature is disabled! Please restart". I click on OK but then Waze scrolls round in a circle without end saying "Searching...".

If I reboot the app I find that ASR is still set disabled.

Is this a common problem? and Is there a way round it please?
donnacrawford
Send a message

Post by donnacrawford
dmcconachie wrote:Have you tried again? The ##@asr instruction is a toggle so if it's already active that will disable it. From your description it sounds like that's what's happened.

Are you in North America?
You might be right there.. I was sure I saw it say Enabled previously.. but I tried again as I couldn't get the three finger tap to bring up the Voice prompt.

I tapped, swiped, slid and knocked, all with no luck. :(

Edit: You were right.. Thank you for that tip! I was enabling and disabling this feature with each attempt. I will leave it in enabled mode now, and just need to be able to load the voice prompt somehow :?
donnacrawford
Send a message
Last edited by donnacrawford on Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by donnacrawford
Thank you for your reply,

Yes, I've got the Enable box ticked, and have tried both modes - "Hand hover & three finger tap" and "3 finger tap only" - but cannot seem to activate it under either type when tapping/swiping/slapping the map screen.

Is this feature compatible with the HTC One X+ perhaps? I can't think of any other way in which to tap the phone with three fingers.
donnacrawford
Send a message

Post by donnacrawford
hehe :)

The HTC Media Link HD loads on a three finger swipe gesture, but I can't get the three finger tap to detect..

Is there a trick to it??
donnacrawford
Send a message

Post by donnacrawford
darkneon wrote:
donnacrawford wrote:The HTC Media Link HD loads on a three finger swipe gesture, but I can't get the three finger tap to detect..

Is there a trick to it??
Not all phones can detect more then 2 fingers, but you need to touch the screen with all 3 fingers at the same time.

Verzonden met Tapatalk op mijn Samsung Galaxy Note(GT-N7000).
Is that three finger tips taping the screen once together/touching or spaced out? I cannot seem to get the phone to detect the gesture to open the Voice Commands listener screen.
donnacrawford
Send a message

Post by donnacrawford
Yes, I do. It's there.

Its just the three finger tap gesture I can't get it to recognise on this new phone :/
donnacrawford
Send a message

Post by donnacrawford
AndyPoms wrote:
donnacrawford wrote:Yes, I do. It's there.

Its just the three finger tap gesture I can't get it to recognise on this new phone :/
Try the hover option... Not all phones recognize more than 2 fingers on the display.
The hover gesture on my HTC One X+ loads the HTC Media Link HD unfortunately.

It looks like it might not be possible to open voice commands on this phone :/
donnacrawford
Send a message

Post by donnacrawford
I have been hunting round the settings and I finally found how to get it to work.

On my phone, I went into 'Settings', 'Display, gestures & buttons' and uncheck 'HTC gestures' that recognises three finger gestures. Crazy, but it now works :)

Cheers all :)
donnacrawford
Send a message

Post by houstonmg
porubcan wrote:Hmm. It works on INTL. To get ASR you need little tweaking... But it definitely works.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
I lost thats when i re install the app, I try in my iphone but can´t get the secret mode again. The asr can´t be activated.
houstonmg
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Mauricio Gálvez S.
Country Manager, Global Champ
Para iniciar tus ediciones lee este topic.