Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Does not display Favorites on the Map

Post by lifeinhover
:!:
I use Waze for work and have to regularly commute to several different properties i have bookmarked in my favorites. Unfortunately, Waze only gives the option to navigate to them and does not show them on the map.

Furthermore, there is no option to display the favorites according to distance so i can commute to the closer ones as would be seen on a map, rather than going from point A to G and then to B and to Z which would be too complicated.

Also, would be really nice if there was an option to create folders for favorites and to group them according to the cities they are located in eg. Los Angeles, Santa Clarita, Monterey park etc.
lifeinhover

POSTER_ID:11321270

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Folder organization is coming. Route optimization based on several destinations may or may not be coming in a future version. Displaying favorites on the map visually? Never heard of that before and not sure why that would be useful.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by lifeinhover
I'm a little surprised by your statement, "Display favorites visually, never heard of that before"!

Coming from someone who has been a Nokia fan, i have been using this feature with Nokia Maps on my smartphone for over 4 years where all my favorites are displayed on the map and and the closer favorites are displayed according to distance when navigation mode is selected.

After making a transition to apple with the purchase of an Iphone, i truly hoped the functionality would remain the same as i had heard great things about waze but certain shortcomings keep it behind the competition.

FYI, all Nokia smartphones come with free navigation for life and this feature and more are all built in as Map data provider NAVTEQ is owned by Nokia. This feature is crucial for fleet vehicles that travel to different addresses everyday in their particular route to conduct their routine business.

if you've never heard of this feature, a little research is imperative before posting any comments!

Have a nice day!
lifeinhover
Send a message