The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Editing Road That Isn't Showing on GPS Points

Post by hmarian
Hello Community,

I need some help.

In the area I manage there is a road that is showing in the satellite image on the editor buy the GPS points are showing an alternate road nearby, with different geometry.
While I have monitored the area for quite some time, I see that the system is generating map errors in the location to fix the road or add new road, but no GPS points are showing to assist with that.

I can probably take a ride to the spot and check it first hand, but it is a little bit weird that the editor generates error at the spot and the GPS points are never showing there.

Does anyone have any idea?

I didn't fixed any of the error still live in the location. See the permalink below.

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=6&lat ... TTTTTTTTFT
hmarian
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 1

POSTER_ID:170262

Send a message

Device: Samsung Galaxy S20+
Waze Version: 4.90.90.901
Country Manager: Canada
Area Manager: Greater Toronto Area, Buffalo (NY), Binyamina (Israel)
Android/WME Beta Tester
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Editing Manual | Editing Best Practice | @Waze_Canada

Post by Daknife
In that case don't change a thing until you have personally verified the layout of the road in question. Aerials can be out of date, construction can totally change the layout of an intersection or interchange and until the aerials are updated the road will fail to match the GPS tracks. Now GPS tracks are not the most up to date either anymore.

Thus leaving the option of going out and driving the road.

Now I go and look at the link.
Both the roads were last edited in April, that is more than long enough for the GPS tracks to adjust to match a new route, as the GPS tracks follow the drawn roads exactly (except for the normal small percentage of bad track off-shoots). I definitely think the images are out of date.
Daknife
Send a message
https://waze.com/wiki/images/3/3c/Waze_ ... 00k_6c.png
Former AM in Utah; FormerCM USA
Utah Forum: Utah Forum
Google Pixel 5 on Sprint

Post by hmarian
I agree that it make sense what you are saying.
So the question how come the editor error are keep being generated.
I killed them many times over the last few months, so what is there now is fresh new.

I will take a drive to verify the spot.

Thanks,
hmarian.
hmarian
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Device: Samsung Galaxy S20+
Waze Version: 4.90.90.901
Country Manager: Canada
Area Manager: Greater Toronto Area, Buffalo (NY), Binyamina (Israel)
Android/WME Beta Tester
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Editing Manual | Editing Best Practice | @Waze_Canada

Post by jasonh300
hmarian wrote:I agree that it make sense what you are saying.
So the question how come the editor error are keep being generated.
I killed them many times over the last few months, so what is there now is fresh new.

I will take a drive to verify the spot.

Thanks,
hmarian.
GPS points have a history of being WAY out of date. However, we had a recent update in the U.S. I would think that would cover the entire NA server, but maybe Canada is separate. If a MP has been generated, there absolutely should be GPS tracks because that's what the MP shows you.

EDIT: While you're in that area, there's several disconnected roads in this neighborhood and an incomplete road that need attention (install Colour Highlights if you don't already have it).

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&lat ... FTTFTTTTFT
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message