Android beta 3.5.1.3 feedback thread

Moderators: Unholy, hilaroth

Sv: Android beta 3.5.1.3 feedback thread

Postby SwedishBadger » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:55 pm

Waze told me that I had reached my destination after 300 meters then recalculated after 100 meters again. Had 3 or 4 km more to go before I was at my destination . That was when I left work.

Went in to the city half an hour after getting home, picked destination from map and hit navigate and put in reverse just then I had reached my destination again! Drove about 100 meters and it recalculated ok again.. First time I experienced that problem.

Skickat från min Galaxy Nexus via Tapatalk 2
SwedishBadger

Re: Android beta 3.5.1.3 feedback thread

Postby Swiiney » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:22 pm

Hi,

I have a bug on my Xperia P with Android 2.3 when I rotate the phone, the screen becomes black and nothing responds until I get a "force close" for Waze.

To reproduce :
  • Start Waze in portrait mode
  • go back to launcher setting Waze in background
  • turn your phone in landscape mode
  • return to waze
  • You get the black screen and waze will crash soon

You can reproduce also changing from landscape to portrait.
The important part to reproduce is to change orientation while waze is in background.

Regards
Keep the good work, thanks.
Swiiney
Swiiney

Postby Swiiney » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:38 pm

Hi,

mochrul wrote:3. facebook connection isn't established correctly (no friend appear)

On my side I have never seen friends on Waze.
When watching my dashboard on waze web site I have 3 friends coming from Facebook.
When watching friends on Waze application on my phone (Xperia P with Android 2.3) I see no friend at all !!

I tried to disconnect/reconnect to Facebook. Nothing changed. Still no friend...

Regards
Swiiney
Swiiney

Postby Swiiney » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:14 pm

perlin wrote:
swiiney wrote:Hi,

mochrul wrote:3. facebook connection isn't established correctly (no friend appear)

On my side I have never seen friends on Waze.
When watching my dashboard on waze web site I have 3 friends coming from Facebook.
When watching friends on Waze application on my phone (Xperia P with Android 2.3) I see no friend at all !!

I tried to disconnect/reconnect to Facebook. Nothing changed. Still no friend...

Regards
Swiiney

What do you see when you go to "Friends" menu? Can you provide a screenshot?

I changed the scope of privacy and now I see my friends. I changed from the more restrictive level "Mes amis proches uniquement" to "Mes amis de Facebook" and now I see my friends !
Sorry for the wrong report but I didn't find intuitive the choice...

Thanks
Swiiney

Postby Telempe » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:05 pm

Fuel price settings are reset (not carried over).
Telempe

Postby Vahur » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:53 pm

Waze don't see any gas stations in Estonia in this version.
ImageImage
Vahur

Postby Wajo357 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:58 pm

I can't wait to test it out tonight.

One thing on the previous beta and earlier releases...

1) I believe this is well known, but it doesn't seem to learn your preferred routes
2) The functionality that is supposed to constantly check the route time/issues and alternate routes in the background doesn't seem to happen or happen frequently enough. For instance, this morning I dropped off my son at his school at 8:45. When I navigated to work, I noticed that on my normal route there was an accident and some traffic. 15 minutes later on my commute I was coming up to the junction where I can get on that highway or go to another highway. I decided to check using the 'routes' button and lo-and-behold, the route I was taking had grown 20 minutes with a lot of traffic! So I selected the other route. However, Waze should have been pinging the server during my first 15 minutes and updating my ETA based on the traffic conditions; which it wasn't doing... I could have been stuck in 20 minutes of traffic if I didn't manually ping the servers and get the results like that.
Area Manager: New York / New Jersey (in USA)
Wajo357

Postby wimdelange » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:33 am

petervdveen wrote:Sometimes I get a splash screen that doesn't fit and sometimes I get a splash screen (with something that looks like a sun) that does fit.
Probably first and second run? The picture that is included in the download is too small (?) and is automatically updated after that.

Driven with this version two times. No issues. I would say, production version, but after that take time for the issues that are mentioned several times in the last beta cycle.
Groetjes,
Wim de Lange
Area Manager Zoetermeer
HTC Sensation Android 4.0.1
Waze beta 3.5.1.904
wimdelange

Postby wimdelange » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:35 am

gshults wrote:Can't say Ive seen any major issues or odd behaviours. Some of the old known bugs remain but all in stable, reliable and usable. Get it up on Play.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
+1
Groetjes,
Wim de Lange
Area Manager Zoetermeer
HTC Sensation Android 4.0.1
Waze beta 3.5.1.904
wimdelange

Previous

Return to App Beta Testing