Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by jggall01
Love Waze and use it daily:
iPhone 5, iOS 6.0
Waze 3.5.1

The pop-ups for alerts are too big. They cover the map. If I can't see the map then the text in the pop-up is of virtually no use.

SUGGEST: reduce the amount of information and make the pop-ups much, much smaller. Allow user to tap the smaller pop-up to enlarge and see more information if/as needed.

Thanks.

EDIT my phone is always in portrait orientation and must be so to fit in cradle.
jggall01
Send a message

Post by jkuruppu
i'm not sure if it was an upgrade with 3.5.1 specifically, or before that, but in the last month or two i notice that the warnings of upcoming accidents, police, speed traps, etc are way too far away - they seem to be triggering at about 1200 feet, and then a large part of the map showing where i want to go NOW is obscured by the bubble about the incident. was this purposeful? it makes it hard to correct the notification or say "Thanks", since i need to see where i'm going to turn off.
jkuruppu
Send a message

Post by JohnDoe75
Runs finally fine on 3GS and 5, except for the resize of the logo (ugly) at startup on iPhone 5
JohnDoe75
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JohnDoe75
world_esuepjxo wrote:I updated the maps and it told that it need a week to get pushed to my iphone, but, after a week or so it didnt showed up. i did a tremendous effort updating the maps, at least to navigate me from my home to the in-laws, since i found the traffic reporting is pretty accurate, but, it keep routing me to the far end of the city (okay, i made that up) since the "U-Turn" i created didnt showed in my map.

Any steps that i missed, should i wait another week, or should i start calling for help?
Since it looks like you are using the world Waze server, the tiles updates are less frequent than for the NA. (but it is changing for a faster frequency)

http://status.waze.com/intl-server-the- ... s-schedule

The next map update will include updates since November 12th so if you updated the map after that date you won't see any changes until next update
JohnDoe75
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JohnDoe75
davipt wrote:It has been said before that "prefer road munching" is disabled on the backend and should not exist on the client but it sure as hell is working beautifully here in Portugal, mind sending me to weird roads while it rains like hell :)

http://world.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 70#p285434

I've just done the test with and without the feature enabled, and with it disabled I got my direct route of minor/freeway, with it enabled I was sent through primary and streets in the middle of the forest (which I loved, the feeling of a thin street in the middle of trees with the fog and knowing no other car will be there), and around the villages, sends me through green dotted roads.

Anyway, the bug report here is: please DO NOT disable this feature. If you don't want it to be visible for the regular user, make it a easter egg code (liek the 2##2 debug).

This is a reminder that the setting is present on iOS and in Portugal, and here a confirmation that it must be working on the server.

Are you sure ? Can't find the option on 3.5.1
JohnDoe75
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by JohnDoe75
I too have 2 diffrent logos. They look nice this time but not the same size, the second one bigger.
Why do we need 2 logos ? Bug ?
JohnDoe75
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by joshuagbsn
I'm delighted to see this update. I'm using a Verizon iPhone 4, iOs 6.0.1.

I wasn't able to use Waze for almost three weeks since the update. Last night I tried driving home without my connector to my stereo plugged in and it worked like a charm. The annoying lag time was also gone. So seeing this update is a major plus.

I'm going to use it to go home tonight and see if it works plugged into my dock first. Then if that doesn't work I'll plug it into my charger and see what happens.
Keepin the faith over here.
joshuagbsn
Send a message

Post by kylemore3344
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
simonhowes wrote:App for iOS loses every setting such as map colour, speed reverts back to km/h, voice navigation defaults etc after an update.

Is this ever going to be fixed? Really off-putting, not just to me but other Wazers too.
That should only happen if you delete the previous version first. I've never seen this happen. And unless people just don't say anything, I don't think this is a widespread issue.
This happens to me after each update. I never delete the app first.

Regards,
Mark.
kylemore3344
Send a message

Post by laspurs
- Closing the dialogue boxes still sucks. The 'thanks' comment should revert to the tick and the close box made larger (i.e. the way it was before 3.5)
- Random reports completely unrelated to your journey still keep popping up with no way to turn them off.
- Reporting traffic on the opposite side of the road still appears on your side. If this cannot be fixed the option should be removed altogether.
- When I don't have an internet connection why can I not save a report? The dialogue indicating 'try again later' is ridiculous. Should I drive back to where I was in 5 mins and try again?! :lol:
- Still need an option to flag a road as closed.
- Still getting this error when I have an internet connection:-

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 5238_n.jpg

If Waze had spent half the energy improving the core purpose of the app, i.e. a traffic reporting application than the that meaningless social networking integration it would be a superb application.
laspurs
Send a message
Last edited by laspurs on Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by loadbang
App for iOS loses every setting such as map colour, speed reverts back to km/h, voice navigation defaults etc after an update.

Is this ever going to be fixed? Really off-putting, not just to me but other Wazers too.
loadbang
Send a message