Time Based Restrictions

Post by CBenson
Now that a Washington DC subforum has appeared, I thought I would raise the issue of time base restrictions in DC. The most severe restrictions are the portions of Rock Creek Pkwy, 15th and 17th street that become one way only for the rush. These roads account for many URs in DC, but I just can't see that there is anything that can be done until waze provides for road directions that change with the time of day.

There are also a ton of turn restriction in DC that are only in force for the rush. Currently I do not enter these restrictions on the waze map. (My initial logic was simply that waze its easier for me to ignore a turn that waze is telling me to make than to take a better turn that waze doesn't think is possible.) However, I would welcome suggestions on how to better handle these turn restrictions in DC.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

POSTER_ID:1005502

Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by bmitch3020
I mark them all as "not a problem". When we could send the submitter a message, I would send them a link to uservoice.com and tell them to vote for their problem. If you do mark the turn as restricted, Waze will raise a map problem from drivers making the turns off of rush hour. The only place I've been restricting things are on entrance ramps to HOV lanes that also have non-HOV lanes running parallel (e.g. I-395/95 in VA, but not I-66 inside the beltway). And even then, I have to deal with all the HOV drivers that raise UR's because it didn't suggest that they take the HOV exit ramp.
bmitch3020
Send a message
Brandon
Northern Virginia Area Manager

Post by CBenson
I did ask support if they could do this on the backend for Rock Creek Pkwy and received the response back on June 5 that:
Currently we do not have set date for this feature but it will be available soon (It's still under testing).
I haven't seen any other word from waze on the issue.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by jentdrive
Has there been any official word from the Waze team about this? To elaborate on the original poster's description, for morning rush hour many major roads become one-way into DC and for evening rush hour many roads become one-way out of DC due to the numerous commuters that live outside of and work in DC.

I was recently routed along a road that was time restricted and had to drive away from it for about fifteen minutes before I finally got rerouted to a correct path. During those fifteen minutes, though, Waze kept updating at every block just telling me to turn around at the next street.

Thanks for any updates!
jentdrive
Send a message

Post by marvinf
Here in New York City we have many time based turn restrictions. Cant that feature be added into the map editor since I am sure is a universal problem?

I am from New York, but if a visitor relies on Waze to get around New York City, He/She will surly get a ticket.
marvinf
Send a message

Post by Mike-1323
MysticCobra wrote:There are also a bunch of time based restrictions on turns in NOVA.

"No left turn allowed between 7 am and 7pm."

Adding this feature would be helpful in many areas.
It has long been a request that Waze implement time-based restrictions on both turns and direction. They've acknowledged the need and then proceed to add more social networking functions to the client. The distribution of resources is an indication of where their interests are.
Mike-1323
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

[img]https:///L6ziL[/img] [img]https:///0NAfp[/img]

Required reading: Quick Start Guide, Best Practices, USA Road Types

Post by MReiser
I am curious how these are being handled because I have several of these types of restrictions as well in Willow Grove. I've also let them go as allowed since the restrictions are only for several hours each weekday. If they were disallowed, they'd still generate Update Requests, but they would also generate Map Problems.

As for URs, I'm going to continue to mark them as 'Not a problem' and hope for the best.
MReiser
Send a message
https://j.mp/1ofo6nc https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... 00k_4c.png
Delaware State Manager / Level 4 editor - Philadelphia metro
Samsung Galaxy S5 (Android 4.4.2) w/ Waze v3.9.0.0

Post by mysticcobra
There are also a bunch of time based restrictions on turns in NOVA.

"No left turn allowed between 7 am and 7pm."

Adding this feature would be helpful in many areas.
mysticcobra
Send a message
Jimmy
Samsung Galaxy S6-Android 7.0, Waze 4.50.1.1
Northern VA

Post by wpegues
And lets not even talk about the 2 way streets that become 1 way streets on a time restricted basis. That makes turn time restrictions a small matter -grin!

Just don't let Waze convince you to make a northbound turn onto 17th street north of Farragut Square -grin! That row of headlights you see coming facing you when its still dim in the morning is not a construction crew!
wpegues
Send a message
Will
iPad Air, iOS 7.1.2
iPhone 4s, iOS 7.1.2
MacBookPro 15" Retina, Mountain Lion 10.9.4
Area Manager: Northern Virginia