Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Important messages to community users. This forum is locked (waze staff only).

WinMo?

Post by Projekt_SHIN
Figured this would be the proper place to ask... but are WinMo users going to be expecting an update anytime soon?? or perhaps a estimated time until so?? I just heard that the next update will be including a lot of features and fix a lot of bugs and stability issues... and since this is one of the most used Apps on my phone.. I'm really looking forward to it... any input anyone??
Projekt_SHIN

POSTER_ID:305158

Send a message

Post by Daemonfly
And my HD2 has never had any major issue with Waze, just a lockscreen issue when Waze is running, which is temporary. The newer versions take longer to aquire GPS though. Stock TMOUS with some apps installed.

But the varying results with Waze on the HD2 are quite similar to the varying experience with the HD2 itself. For many people it works great, for others, constant problems. Mine is actually my second one, as the first had major issues and was returned on the first day.
Daemonfly
Send a message

Post by deeggo
PeterG wrote:Most important would of course be more stability, solving the repeated freezes of the whole system experienced by several WM users.
+1 !
deeggo
Send a message
Global Champ. Country manager Nederland & België
NL: Wiki: hoe label ik een (snel)weg correct?
HTC One M8 | Follow me on Twitter
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!

Post by FabbroQ
Why WinMo is less important than other platforms? :shock: :shock: :shock:
FabbroQ
Send a message

Post by Gman65
svache wrote:
deeggo wrote:
PeterG wrote:Most important would of course be more stability, solving the repeated freezes of the whole system experienced by several WM users.
+1 !
I kind of wonder about why it is experienced by several WM users, but not by others (such as me and my wife). What is it that we do different? :S
Very good question... I had trouble running the new versions on my Tmo TP2. I bought 2 HD2s and new ver works great on wife's but hangs on mine. Both were stock, mines is now HardSPL running Kumar and still cant run 1.8.0... go figure
Gman65
Send a message
T-Mobile HD2 Energy Leo 23569 Sense 2.5 Cookie Dinik Glass 6/11/10
HSPL
Radio 2.09.50.29_2
T-Mobile Touch Pro 2
NRG EnergyROM 23547 Leo CookieMonster Edition 03/17/10
Gen Y DualBoot XDAndroid 2.01 03/01/10
Waze Beta 1.9.99.301 WVGA WinMo Touch

Post by JAMBRAM
Adroid just got brought up to par with Iphone...

http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... ead#unread
JAMBRAM
Send a message
JAMBRAM/VOLWAZER
Waze 2.0.0.0
Samsung Omnia i910
WinMo 6.1, Stock Rom
2006 Dodge Ram MegaCab
Memphis, Tennessee

Post by JAMBRAM
The Fej wrote:Frankly, the 2 windows 1.8.x versions issued several weeks ago were almost like the iPhone and more advanced than the Android 1.7.x. So while we are not always able to get all devices up to par, specifically here the Windows versions are quite updated.
Aw, Fej, If we didn't complain, how else would you know that we loved the app so much? Appreciate all the hard work that everyone at Waze is doing!
JAMBRAM
Send a message
JAMBRAM/VOLWAZER
Waze 2.0.0.0
Samsung Omnia i910
WinMo 6.1, Stock Rom
2006 Dodge Ram MegaCab
Memphis, Tennessee

Post by muchski
Yeah I had WM handset before and it was frustrating when you saw other platforms get an update or two sometimes before you got one for yours. I have been using WM for a long time but grew tired of the outdated elements of UI and general slowness! Loved the customizability with custom ROMs and the awesome work of XDA but since moving to the X10 on Android I have never looked back. Awesome customizability with home screens, great notification system, constant Google OS upgrades, tons and tons of apps. I will always have love for WM but maybe best way to get latest Waze is to go to the Android platform? JK, I know not everyone is near the end of a term or hardware upgrade period, and hence users want the latest Waze client on their smartphone! I think the best way to look at it, is Waze is trying to capture the largest number of users and it makes more sense to give priority to the release that most people can enjoy and be lured to. It is quite a feat in and of itself to have a single app be present over so many smartphone platforms. I can barely think of any apps that span Android, Blackberry, iPhone, Symbian and Windows Mobile in one fell swoop! Just remember folks to always show appreciation for the team that obviously listens to our feedback to the best capacity they can! Like every organization there are limited resources but the fact that they look at these forums and speak with us directly to try to work towards a solution is remarkable!!! :D

Thanks team!
muchski
Send a message
Area Manager - Winnipeg, Canada| Xperia X10 | HTC Desire

Post by PeterG
Hi,
regarding the low priority WM has at waze and the long time until the last update compared to Iphone/Android version (the update missing features existing already in lower versions for Iphone/Android) you shouldn't hold your breath... don't expect an update soon.

Regards

Peter
PeterG
Send a message

Post by PeterG
Hi,
well, I do only know about Android and Iphone versions by reading the information about the repeated updates in short intervals. As far as I understood these the 1.7.x versions there have (had?) e. g. the scoreboard which the - regarding the version number - more advanced WM version is missing.
Most important would of course be more stability, solving the repeated freezes of the whole system experienced by several WM users.

Regards

Peter
PeterG
Send a message