Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

car sharing

Post by mrpurple
I'm using WAZE since the first releases, I'm wondering that we also are using waze because it has traffic situation update, but also because let you update situations on real time.
So i wondering that WAZE could be a great opportunity to partially contributing to solve the problem of the traffic and the pollutions.
How ?
Giving us the opportunity to administrate a car sharing system.
In fact often i think at how many seats are free on all the cars and bike that are running in a day? Almost all cars are transporting only one person (the driver) and all the other seats are empty for the same cost on terms of money and terms of pollution.
Where Waze is today it could really a little step build a widget that take the desired final destination of a passenger, take his position and send a message of ride request at those drivers that has specified that have seats free and that are doing the same road.
Also a system of contribution for the cost could be considered, for those driver that want to be payed (example some cent for km). The advantage is for all. Waze could be have the double of users in few time, people can met each other, people can share some time while driving, traffic and pollution decrease .
Thank you
mrpurple

POSTER_ID:789953

Send a message

iahim
Send a message

Post by mrpurple
Great to know that. SideCar seems what i was looking for. i need to try thank you
mrpurple
Send a message