Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official Feedback

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official Feedback

Postby bgodette » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:53 am

mssusa wrote:I'm finding many segments with no level set. I'm not 100% sure but I believe all were old unedited client paved segments. When I edit a segment to fix its geometry points and give it a name then select it together with another completed segment to create junctions at intersections the cross sign "+" does not appear. When I check the newer segment I always find its level property empty. New editor? or the move to the new infrastructure?
Cause a wazeModel update and that clears. It's indeterminate data from modified segments that's cleared by refreshing the wazeModel (F5/Permalink/Panning far enough/zooming far enough).
ImageImage
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Re: Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official Feedback

Postby mssusa » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:56 am

bgodette wrote:Cause a wazeModel update and that clears. It's indeterminate data from modified segments that's cleared by refreshing the wazeModel (F5/Permalink/Panning far enough/zooming far enough).

When I run into one of those it is usually too late for a reload; I usually have tens of edits unsaved. I simply highlight the segment and set its level properly then keep working. The only viable option (which I never tried) is panning.
Anyway, this never happened to me before, but I'm finding it often now.

BTW, did they fix the problems with segment properties fields in Chrome? Or did I just get used to it?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby skbun » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:38 am

The 'Landmarks causes segment selection' crashes continue, FWIW. I'd still recommend keeping the landmarks layer disabled. I've found a different predictable use case and will forward it to nanorep support tonight.

AM in SW Shasta, NW Tehama, Central Trinity Counties, CA; Mt Rainier Nat'l Park, WA
skbun

Postby PhantomSoul » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:04 pm

Is anyone with Safari 6 and Mac OS 10.8 (Mountain Lion) having any trouble getting the permalinks to capture selected road segments? Last night while requesting some unlocks to resolve various UR's in my area, I noticed some inconsistent behavior with it, in that it sometimes included the selections and other times didn't.
MENTOR, CM: USA, SM: NJ NY, AM: Northern NJ, Upstate NY
Waze Editing Manual | USA Road Types | USA Forum
Verizon iPhone 6 / iOS 9.2.1 / Waze 4.2.0
PhantomSoul
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby AndyPoms » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:05 pm

PhantomSoul wrote:Is anyone with Safari 6 and Mac OS 10.8 (Mountain Lion) having any trouble getting the permalinks to capture selected road segments? Last night while requesting some unlocks to resolve various UR's in my area, I noticed some inconsistent behavior with it, in that it sometimes included the selections and other times didn't.

I've found that the segments are not selected at higher zoom levels... Try changing the zoom level manually in the permalink to see if it works....
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ
AndyPoms
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby davipt » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:06 pm

PhantomSoul wrote:Is anyone with Safari 6 and Mac OS 10.8 (Mountain Lion) having any trouble getting the permalinks to capture selected road segments? Last night while requesting some unlocks to resolve various UR's in my area, I noticed some inconsistent behavior with it, in that it sometimes included the selections and other times didn't.

Do you have any extensions? For example I hardly get the segments selected when using the highlights extension, have to look at the code to understand why ;)
ImageBruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ
Coordinator for Portugal | Expert iPhone and others
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:38 pm

davipt wrote:

Do you have any extensions? For example I hardly get the segments selected when using the highlights extension, have to look at the code to understand why ;)

This is either an issue with the highlighter code or JNF code in WazeBar. The same code affects Chrome, too.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.2.1 | Waze v4.2b
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby ohiostmusicman » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:52 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
davipt wrote:

This is either an issue with the highlighter code or JNF code in WazeBar. The same code affects Chrome, too.

It must be the highlighter code as GizmoGuy and myself have had the same issues and we both were using the highlighter code.
Travis
Waze 4.0.9920.920
iPhone 6 (VZW) - iOS 9.2
iMac 21.5" & MacBookPro 15" - OS X El Capitan (10.11.2)
Area Manager: Northern OH & Bakersfield, CA

ImageImageImage
ohiostmusicman
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby cristianfraser » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:03 pm

It'd be nice if we could add house numbers to more than one segment of a street.
cristianfraser

Postby bgodette » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:09 pm

cristianfraser wrote:It'd be nice if we could add house numbers to more than one segment of a street.
How do you propose it distributes the numbers, especially if the segments are different lengths, or cover different lengths of ranges?
ImageImage
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor