Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by skbun
Kuhlkatz wrote: The intention is not say anyone is incompetent. We all strive to better the maps in our area, AND we all make mistakes - it's part of the game, especially since we all tend to spend late nights editing. I get annoyed with myself too. After completing an area and looking at it weeks later, I still find some obvious mistakes.
No, though...we don't have nearly enough editors in number to cover say, the United States, and some localities just don't have the numbers they need.

I know Waze can turn on ads encouraging people who have the app to join, say, a local TV traffic group (I've seen this in the California Bay Area, and Portland). We'd have a big influx of people, potentially, but would it be worth it to have an ad for a week or so - if you're not in one of those areas - that says something like 'Fixes needed where you drive? Become an editor!', which links to the video...might get people involved. We'd have a lot of basic stuff to teach on, but the overall effect might be a positive. Curious what people think about that idea.
skbun
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/2/2a/W ... 00k_5c.png

AM in SW Shasta, NW Tehama, Central Trinity Counties, CA; Mt Rainier Nat'l Park, WA

Post by skbun
Speaking of ads...it would appear that advertisement landmarks (probably on a hidden layer) are coming up in WME.

Put in 'Seattle, WA' into the search box, and you'll get two results:
'Seattle, WA'
'LIVE HERE! - ...(address)'

If you go into the Waze client, you'll see that this is a advertising popup for a location. I'm thrilled actually that Waze is getting more sources for these! - but my guess is that these aren't meant to be a searchable layer in WME?
skbun
Send a message

AM in SW Shasta, NW Tehama, Central Trinity Counties, CA; Mt Rainier Nat'l Park, WA

Post by skbun
khaytsus wrote:
davipt wrote:Have you seen my post? select the segments that gives you errors, click on permalink, and go to waze.com/support, write ghost segments and post the permalink asking waze to remove those broken segments.
I've done this now myself, but I'm finding them all over.. I think it's a a larger problem than a random ghost segment.
This is a fairly huge problem. It may be serverwide. FWIW, I created a post on this and submitted its contents to support, but people are finding these all over.

(My post: http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=34676 )
skbun
Send a message

Post by SocalToe
When in the editer,

Please keep my 'drive' that I clicked on highlighted so I can remember which 'drive' I'm looking at.

Previous editor kept it highlighted/marked............
SocalToe
Send a message
Ed

Post by SocalToe
All it's doing right now is

'Loading road data' for minutes and minutes and minutes........

Can't edit a thing.................
SocalToe
Send a message
Ed

Post by SocalToe
jasonh300 wrote:
invented wrote:It wouldn't be an issue with a cable modem, it's just a dumb bridge. Maybe with something doing NAT like your router. Perhaps the user that reported success was using a combined modem/router thing.
It could be, as was pointed out by davipt and bz2012 earlier: http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 68#p288168

Does anyone make a Cable or DSL modem anymore that's not a combo modem/router? I've been trying to get a DSL modem for my office without a router because the wireless routers keep failing, but AT&T claims they don't use those anymore.

Just plug your own wireless network router into 1 of the ethernet ports on the modem and turn the wireless off on the modem............
SocalToe
Send a message
Ed

Post by SocalToe
Ok, I power reset my router............

Editor is working much better now......

:ugeek:
SocalToe
Send a message
Ed

Post by Spil
daknife wrote:Funny, I'd deliberately looked for that before and it wasn't there but now when I click on the same section of freeway I first looked for it at, the link to add/edit an alternate is indeed there. I retract.
Just a quick note on what might have caused that -- if there is no Primary Name set (i.e., if the Primary Name is checked "no name"), then you cannot add an Alternate Name; you'll need to set a Primary Name and click "Apply", then click on "Edit" again and you will see the "Alternate Name" addition option. :)
Spil
Send a message
I'm Spil, and I approve this message! :D
~ ~ AM: Upstate NY; CM: USA/Canada ~ ~
Wazing the I-86 Corridor with my Casio C771 G'zOne Commando
New York Editors: To-Do List!
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/c/c8/W ... 00k_6c.png

Post by stevecody
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
davipt wrote:So waze please tell me the nickname of the reporter!!!
This is being looked into by management. Right now, the TOS/Privacy Policy doesn't allow it. It may be as easy as modifying that, but we're not sure.
I don't care to know who the person is but I would LOVE to be able to simply send them a message, as in Cartouche.

As an example, I have a person who repeatedly reports a General Error in the same location frequently. I haven't found anything wrong there and there are no other details. I can drive in the area and hope something jumps out at me, but I really have no idea what the intent of their report is.
stevecody
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by stevecody
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
stevecody wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote: This is being looked into by management. Right now, the TOS/Privacy Policy doesn't allow it. It may be as easy as modifying that, but we're not sure.
I don't care to know who the person is but I would LOVE to be able to simply send them a message, as in Cartouche.
Right there with ya! The email contains your username and a link to the forum, so if they are motivated, they can contact you.
Yeah, that is nice. I actually had a friend at work thank me because he received one of those emails after I fixed a problem he reported. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stevecody
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message