Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by autourdupc
Why not having a button "Next" into the screen than this stupid "Next" at top right ?
(and the text for french do not fit in the place)
Screenshot_2012-12-11-10-22-22.png
(72.37 KiB) Downloaded 751 times
The 'X' to close the pop-up is near to be outside of the pop-up.
Screenshot_2012-12-11-10-22-53.png
(126.88 KiB) Downloaded 751 times
autourdupc
Send a message
France - French - Galaxy S3 - Android Version 4.1.2 - Stock ROM
Translator for french language - "Localization expert"

Post by autourdupc
Den_in_USA wrote:Before I start my drive to work, I press "Reports", "Traffic Jams' then "Later". This puts the traffic icon on my screen for later use. This is helpful, however, I would like to be able to have a permanant "Heavy Traffic", "Car on Side of Road" and "Police" on my screen. Further, if I press one of the icons, it should send the report without having to press "Send". This way all three icons would stay on my screen for my whole trip.
+1
And I say it would be great if we could select ourselves which icons we want on the map (a selection of 3 or 4 shortlinks among all possibles).
autourdupc
Send a message

Post by autourdupc
Den_in_USA wrote:Feature Request: Since we can assume that Waze users are driving while using, and that their phone is mounted somewhere on the dashboard of their car, all of the popup menus need to be readable at a distance of between 18 and 24 inches. Therefore I suggest that all popup windows fill the screen allowing for at least a matrix (5x8) of 40 selection icons. No need to have a scrollable box. In addition, on-screen icons for up to 4 shortcut icons such as "Heavy Traffic" that would "send" your report as soon as you press the shortcut. And of course, get rid of the annoying popup traffic reports.
+1
autourdupc
Send a message

Post by autourdupc
Feature Request
In France, some users use the "coyote" system.
it is a non-free systems that permits to alert on dangers on roads, traffic and so on.
Because exact localisation of police is forbidden, Coyote only alerts on danger area...
Now, we can find speed camera that calculate the average speed on a portion of road.
On Coyote, the system indicates in big on the screen (when the app is on phone device) the actual speed and the upper maximum speed you can reach if you want to be below the average limit.

On Waze, we need to declare the first police trap and the last one. After validation on the map, Waze will know the distance between the 2 points, and the speed limit.
Waze will be able to calculate the average speed of the car in real time between the 2 points and display the necessary informations on the screen.

I think it is urgent now that Waze takes in consideration these new kinds of police trap... France will have many of them in a near future.
autourdupc
Send a message

Post by autourdupc
Den_in_USA wrote:Feature Request: Please add one or two more zoom-in levels. Also, have on-screen display of what zoom level you are at.
+1, with a total bug-free zoom management. Actually manual zoom level is changing with pop-up and not correctly restored !
autourdupc
Send a message

Post by autourdupc
After uninstalling Waze, deleting Waze folder and reinstalling Waze, setting for Gas station are lost (preferred gas and order). They are not stored into my account.
autourdupc
Send a message

Post by autourdupc
Den_in_USA wrote:Speaking about zoom levels, if I zoom in all the way (zoom level 1) then press the "-" icon six times (zoom level 7) no highways are displayed. In theory then, the zoom level should be limited to level 6, or continue to show the highways at the higher zoom levels.
Why ?
I could need to zoom out to see another town then zoom in again !
autourdupc
Send a message

Post by autourdupc
Most of the time, when I enter in "My Waze", "My Scoreboard", and then I tap the second choice "Friend", I get an empty screen containing the top part of the screen for "Everyone" (something like firts picture), and then after a little while (1 or 2 secondes), it comes to the right screen for my choice (see second picture).
Screenshot_2012-12-17-08-07-18.png
(20.01 KiB) Downloaded 788 times
Screenshot_2012-12-17-08-13-51.png
(30.3 KiB) Downloaded 789 times
autourdupc
Send a message

Post by autourdupc
In France, separator is not a comma... It is a space !
(in the picture, this means 1 integer and 3 decimals). It should be 1 928 and not 1,928.
Screenshot_2012-12-17-08-06-06.png
(61.16 KiB) Downloaded 788 times
autourdupc
Send a message

Post by autourdupc
Den_in_USA wrote:
Autourdupc wrote:
Den_in_USA wrote:Speaking about zoom levels, if I zoom in all the way (zoom level 1) then press the "-" icon six times (zoom level 7) no highways are displayed. In theory then, the zoom level should be limited to level 6, or continue to show the highways at the higher zoom levels.
Why ?
I could need to zoom out to see another town then zoom in again !
I agree with you. I am just saying that if I zoom out so that I can see a town that is 50 miles away, I should be able to see the highway (or highways) that go there and the road conditions. I personally prefer the color coding over the bubble alerts.
--> Yes, sure ;)
autourdupc
Send a message