If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Line Suggestion For Acidents && Time Saved by App Stat

Post by CarPoolDreamin
Hello Wazers,

I'd like to suggest you guys add a statistic that keeps track of the time saved by using waze. Initially I'd imagine this metric would come from the times Waze has redirected you out of your current commute because of an accident and directed you to a faster one. I think this could also be used to help increase your user base if marketed correctly.

My second suggestion is to have lane specific accident reports. Normally you'll be driving down the road to find out about an accident report. It would be helpful if the user could specify which side it is on or if it's in the middle. This would help us save time by knowing ahead of time which side of the road to change lanes to to avoid the accident as much as possible.

Thanks for your time,
CarPoolDreamin

POSTER_ID:9940874

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Waze does keep time-saved stats and occasionally posts a blog or fb update with recent aggregated info.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AndyPoms
CarPoolDreamer wrote:My second suggestion is to have lane specific accident reports. Normally you'll be driving down the road to find out about an accident report. It would be helpful if the user could specify which side it is on or if it's in the middle. This would help us save time by knowing ahead of time which side of the road to change lanes to to avoid the accident as much as possible.
You can add these details using the description field available when creating any report.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by CarPoolDreamin
AndyPoms wrote:
CarPoolDreamer wrote:My second suggestion is to have lane specific accident reports. Normally you'll be driving down the road to find out about an accident report. It would be helpful if the user could specify which side it is on or if it's in the middle. This would help us save time by knowing ahead of time which side of the road to change lanes to to avoid the accident as much as possible.
You can add these details using the description field available when creating any report.
Thanks I didn't know that.
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Waze does keep time-saved stats and occasionally posts a blog or fb update with recent aggregated info.
I think you should make this information more public and in the users face. Putting as a counter on your homepage makes it rather hard to say no to the product. Along with say reminding the user how much time it's saved.

Either way Thanks for the fast help guys! I'll keep enjoying waze!
CarPoolDreamin
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
Actually a little spinning counter animation that clocked up to the hours saved, updated infrequently even, would look good I must admit.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84
Send a message