How to get 97,000 points in one day

Moderator: Unholy

Postby jasonh300 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:10 am

Sorry. Reread my Edited post because tapatalk cut half of it off.

Via my iPhone 3GS.
jasonh300

Postby jasonh300 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:59 am

If that was somehow automatically created off of Google maps, there wouldn't have been any opportunity to get that many points. But if that IS the case, point it out to Waze and they'll cut access very quickly as its a major copyright violation and they'll be very fast to protect themselves from that sort of thing.

Via my iPhone 3GS.
jasonh300

Postby jasonh300 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:51 am

It's a pave. That's why it interrupts when it crosses a real road. What is that? A railroad?

Via my iPhone 3GS.
jasonh300

Postby fvwazing » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:28 am

Enhket, I am sorry I lashed out to you at the end of my post. It shows that it is dangerous to base an opinion on a very small number of posts in the forum, but that is no excuse. I know now that you are an active member on the forum in your country and that you did way more than using ET. Again, I am sorry. I know I can have a pointy pen when I feel driven and this time it pointed at you.

However... my aversion against ET still stands.

enhket wrote:Now, it is true, i did promote ET, but in a good way. Excuse me, but if it will take me 2 hours to click every segment just to change the name, when i could do the same on ET in 20-30 mins at the same quality, then yes, i am going to use ET. If it comes to promoting ET in order to make points with no quality, then i dont promote it.

I can't remember that I ever did 2 hours of clicking on every segment just to change the name. It just isn't worth to spend two hours on. It does nothing for the map. Yes, technically, you touch the segments and fill in one of many attributes - the cityname. But to show the name on the map it is enough if a handful of streets have the cityname. If the 2 hours are a waste - so is the 2 minutes with ET. The only reason it may look attractive is that it brings 60 times the number of points per minute.

Last time I used ET for selecting segments was another case. In borderregions two or three basemaps can overlap, and that results in streets that are exactly on top of each other but are from different countries. It can take 10-15 steps to tear such streets apart and delete the wrong one.I spend weeks doing just that with cartouche. Now, with ET, I can select the segments from one country and delete them. There is a big improvement in the map when doing that, and that justifies the use of ET. (By the way: I did not get lucky with the current available versions of ET - it simply did not work, had to use the Highlighter again).
fvwazing

Postby fvwazing » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:48 pm

xteejx wrote:I mean, most of us with high points already know we don't have lives outside Waze (or little), why *make* yourself look like OCD suffering map editing freak like us lot? LOL

In this "age of the geek" we are considered the avant-garde, it seems. Sexy even? Be prepared to find groupies on your doorstep next year! :lol:
fvwazing

Postby fvwazing » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:20 pm

xteejx wrote:Talk about a comeback, but very well put :-)

Thanks, xteejx. And I did not even put in my most important observation: an area of the map is NEVER finished until many people have edited it. You need an editor to clean up, another to watch over the routing, a freak who does nothing but roadnumbers, one who enters streetnames, definately a local to drive around and find errors and someone extremely patient to debug the lot. In the end someone must maintain the area and make changes as roadworks change the grid. And when the wiki changes, everybody has to come back and start over. It is all about the collective! No village can exist without a butchery, a bakery, a grocery. Some people can take two, maybe three roles, but never someone can do it all.

Maybe that should be reflected in the scoring? Editors can join together in groups - call them troops, no, call them "troupes" (to signify the artistry involved!) and get points as a collective, where the "troupe" wins that brings an area from wasteland to blossom in the shortest time (divided by surface)?
fvwazing

Postby fvwazing » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:21 pm

Guess what, it is even wrong when a champ does 100k+ per week. You are looking at some frauds here. Move on.
fvwazing

Postby fvwazing » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:25 pm

DimanZ1 wrote:
enhket wrote:That would be cool in Waze, if you are a 600k map-edits editor, you should have an earning %, which is higher than someone who got 50k. Not sure how fair that is, but looks nice to me.

Great idea!

Let the rich get richer ever faster, right? Even being the multimillionaire I am (in Wazepoints, alas) I find that idea morally wrong. And it leaves the havenots no option but fraud if they ever want to catch up. Cheers!
fvwazing

Postby DimanZ1 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:20 am

The user wwwnnnado had 56000 points last week. In one day, the number of points risen to 153000. How is this possible?
User wwwnnnado came just 10 days ago and already has 12 in the ranking of the country and has 230651 points. As he makes so many points? :shock:
DimanZ1

Previous

Return to Ranks and Points