Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by TsuDoNihm
I'm still missing drives from a couple weeks ago. Are we just waiting around, or is there some process to submit to have the editable areas re-established?
TsuDoNihm
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by TsuDoNihm
jasonh300 wrote:
WestSyder wrote:I'm still missing drives from a couple weeks ago. Are we just waiting around, or is there some process to submit to have the editable areas re-established?
Missing drives, or missing editable areas?
Sorry Editable areas. The drives from November 3rd are there, but my editable areas have disapeared for those.
TsuDoNihm
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by underspell
jasonh300 wrote:Okay, support has requested some additional info. For anyone having this problem, if you know this info, please post the beginning date and time in GMT of any drive that is missing editable area. If we can get just a few, it will help with troubleshooting.

Drives:
#306949773 November 01, 15:11
#306715853 November 01, 12:53
#306652151 November 01, 10:20

The other drives are everyday drives so I already had editing permissions and can't know if those drives gave me or not editing permissions.
underspell
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by vcoolvin
Same report from here in India, i too have lost my editable areas. But i am able to make changes to the roads just cant change the directions permission etc. Just yesterday i was making changes to some segments in that area.
vcoolvin
Send a message

Post by vcoolvin
jasonh300 wrote:This is a widespread problem affecting everyone. Support had been contacted directly about this and they're looking into it, as of this morning.

---------
Via my iPhone 3GS.

Thank you very much for the information. I had started to think that no one is looking into the matter which seems to be world wide problem. I hope its fixed soon as there are some really needed edit in an area which i had left incomplete for the day to be done the next day and this is what happened the next day and its still pending. :(
vcoolvin
Send a message

Post by vcoolvin
jasonh300 wrote:I merged two topics on the same subject.

Complaints are coming in from both servers, all over the world.

This was called directly to the attention of the developers yesterday morning, and they have acknowledged the problem and are investigating the possible causes.

Thank you very much for the update, appreciate it. :)
vcoolvin
Send a message

Post by vince1612
You say this was about a year ago. Editable areas based on drives only stay open 90 days, after that they close again and you can no longer edit around those previous drives. So this actually sounds like a normal situation.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... v18.10.png
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D)(FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
https://i.ibb.co/2k1TJHH/RIPIain.png

Webs101
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 7
Send a message
https://shitcafe.com/waze/waze-sig.png
Global champ from Canada

Post by WeeeZer14
FrigardH wrote:I faced the same experience of losing my Editable Area-1, hundreds of km of driving from 3 months ago... :?
Can it be returned back or do I hv to re-drive to that areas after a long time (OMG!) or is there any bugs in the app.? Need clarification from Support.... ;)
Driving area only lasts around 3 months. In general, we only want people familiar with current conditions to be editing.
WeeeZer14
Send a message
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
[img]https:///V68te[/img]
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator

Post by zexpe
I've just noticed this too - very frustrating. Waze seems so unreliable these days. It wouldn't be so bad if they would actually acknowledge these problems on the status page and post updates on the situation.
zexpe
Send a message