Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Notifications: use next cross street

Post by brian6string
All of the notifications (traffic, weather, police) etc. have this unhelpful habit of telling me a place name instead of a cross street. In Maryland, I travel MD Rt. 32 to and from work. Every morning I am notified that there is traffic at MD Rt. 32 and Bonaventure, or some other place name. Honestly, I've lived in this area for 30+ years, and have no idea what or where Bonaventure is, I presume its the name of the neighborhood or subdivision near where the traffic is. There certainly are no signs "now entering Bonaventure" or such. BUT, there are signs naming the exits I am approaching. And if I were getting turn by turn navigation, you'd tell me to exit at Rt. x or Main St. or such. Why can't the notifications be based on cross streets, or exits? It would make a lot more sense.
brian6string

POSTER_ID:4711329

Send a message

Post by AndyPoms
Can you post a Permalink to the area?
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by CBenson
Here's a permalink for Bonaventure. Easy for me to provide because I'm likely the guilty party that added it. I must admit that I'm surprised that it shows on the Route 32 reports. I haven't noted that. I think I've seen reports with "Odenton" as the city in on 32 in that area. I wonder when waze decides to use Bonaventure instead.

I'll eliminate Bonaventure. Feel free to let me know others that cause confusion. I put a bunch in my early editing that I have since deleted, but have never made it priority to go back eliminate them all. But I didn't think they would show on freeway reports where the freeway doesn't traverse the city polygon and another polygon surrounds the more specific one.

All that being said, it doesn't really change your point. Would it really be all that more helpful if the notification was for traffic at MD Rt. 32 and Odenton?
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902