These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by perlin
o4qksoaq wrote:If the app never launches (crashes after a few secs of the start logo screen), are there still any useful logs I could send to anyone interested to investigate?
See "Sending Crash Reports to a Developer"

https://developer.apple.com/library/ios ... 9-CH10-SW9
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
davipt wrote:It has been said before that "prefer road munching" is disabled on the backend and should not exist on the client but it sure as hell is working beautifully here in Portugal, mind sending me to weird roads while it rains like hell :)

http://world.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 70#p285434

I've just done the test with and without the feature enabled, and with it disabled I got my direct route of minor/freeway, with it enabled I was sent through primary and streets in the middle of the forest (which I loved, the feeling of a thin street in the middle of trees with the fog and knowing no other car will be there), and around the villages, sends me through green dotted roads.

Anyway, the bug report here is: please DO NOT disable this feature. If you don't want it to be visible for the regular user, make it a easter egg code (liek the 2##2 debug).
This option is still enabled in countries where we don't have enough road data. It has been (and will be) removed only in countries where we have enough road data and the % of the road munching is not large.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
world_esuepjxo wrote: i noticed that i can logged into 3 different wazes, the world, US, and Israelis. Each time i logged into one of them i get a different result in My Dashboard, so i stick with the "world" one since it has some activities. So, is there any correlation between these types of wazes with the waze in my iphone? any possibility that my iPhone's waze is connected to either US or Israelis?
Where are you from? If you're not from US, Canada or Israel, you're supposed to log into the WORLD server (both in the app and in the web). Actually the app recognize your location automatically and select for you the proper server (unless you use fake GPS apps). This way all your points and road data will be saved into your (correct) dashboard.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
McCracken808 wrote:Waze 3.5.1
iPhone 4
iOS 6.0.1
Apple Composite AV cable

1. Day/Night switch not working
Please elaborate on the scenario so I'd understand what are you referring to by saying "not working".
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
stevecody wrote:My missing segments problem has returned. It disappeared for 2 days and then returned this morning for the exact same segments as in my posting here:
http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31262
Please send debug logs and mention the date and time of this route.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
timesplitter88 wrote:iPhone 5 AT&T
iOS 6.0.1
Waze 3.5.1

When I was using 3.5, the app would crash sporadically, sometimes would claim there was no internet connection when the phone was already getting a signal. 2 days later 3.5.1 is released, i figure this would fix the problem. It in fact made the situation worse.
No matter what i am doing in Waze, the app crashes within a minute or two of being used. I can be navigating, I can just have it open to the map, no matter what, it just crashes and goes back to the springboard.
I have uninstalled it, reinstalled it, force closed it from the task manager, rebooted my phone several times... Heck the only thing i havent done is wipe out my phone and start over. This is incredibly frustrating. What bothers me the most is that i showed the app to my girlfriend which has the same setup as mine (except she has verizon), and Waze works 100% fine for her. Now she cant stop using it!

I love the concept of Waze, it would really help me with my commute to my job, i just wish it WORKED on my phone!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

**EDIT: Yes I have already submitted logs and emailed them. I just havent gotten a response yet.
Please send me iOS crash logs. See here "Sending Crash Reports to a Developer":
https://developer.apple.com/library/ios ... 9-CH10-SW9

Send them to beta@waze.com
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
davipt wrote:Continuation of this http://world.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 20#p289299

I'd really like to ask waze to be less strict with the language options and the user's country and just let the user select whichever language he wants, and even enable TTS with the non-native language for whoever wants to risk it.

So my case on the other thread is basically this:
- a regular portuguese user can select the text and voice languages from a long set of options, which is great.
- myself I had tried to enable tts via the navigation code, and hence why my voice language setting had disappeared. I could change the text labels, with the same language list as before, but the voice language setting is not there, and whichever language was selected before (Portuguese or English or anything else) would stick forever.

Now the case that is making me envy of a friend, he's been some days in Germany, and when he came back his device has TTS enabled, and the list of text languages is smaller than mine (but fortunately still includes english and portuguese), and the list of voice languages includes two english and two german male/female combinations, nothing else, not even Portuguese).

So in my case I want to try the TTS in english and german, even if the portuguese road names will sound weird, and in his case he's listening to the road names in english and albeit can disable the TTS, can't switch to portuguese anymore.

So in conclusion, let us select *any* text language and *any* voice language and, hidden code, enable the tts and have it working even if not in the native language.

He tells me that the TTS, besides the reading the road names, has extra instructions that I never heard on my device, like "prepare for something", but I haven't heard his device myself. Mine just says "in 1km/800m/400m/200m do something".

please? ;)
That's correct, currently you can select only native language for the TTS, but we are working on expanding this option, so you'd be able to select between multiply languages.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
davipt wrote:I think I found out a minor regression on 3.5.1. When the client starts on my iPhone 4 I see the nice new splash screen with the better image quality, and then for less than half a second before the maps are shown, I see the old splash screen with less quality and bigger letters. It's the bigger black letters below waze that are more noticeable.
Should be fixed now.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
davipt wrote:
perlin wrote:
davipt wrote:I think I found out a minor regression on 3.5.1. When the client starts on my iPhone 4 I see the nice new splash screen with the better image quality, and then for less than half a second before the maps are shown, I see the old splash screen with less quality and bigger letters. It's the bigger black letters below waze that are more noticeable.
Should be fixed now.
On the upcoming 3.5.2 you mean right? ;)
Nope. It's a server issue, so on this version :)
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
robin1979 wrote:
perlin wrote: Nope. It's a server issue, so on this version :)
Well, it's still happening here 8-)
Time?
perlin
Send a message