Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official Feedback

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Map Editor major ver (Nov 5, 2012) Official Feedback

Postby Trinity76 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:21 pm

Trinity76 wrote:Hi all
New WME looks great - but found a little problem:
The "+" to add roads etc. overlays the layer selector - see attached jpeg.
How can I change this ? Is it only a problem at my desk ?

That happened to at least one person during the beta last week, and it appeared to clear itself somehow. I'd make sure you clear your cache, disable scripts/extensions related to Waze, restart the browser.

I tried my best (deactivate Greasemonkey, clear BrowserCache, restart Browser and OS) - but nothing changes...
So I will wait that it fix itself over next time.

Anyway - thanx for helping.

Sven
Waze for Android (3.5.3.0) on HTC Sensation XE (4.0.3)

Trinity76

Postby Trinity76 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:28 pm

Trinity76 wrote:Hi all
New WME looks great - but found a little problem:
The "+" to add roads etc. overlays the layer selector - see attached jpeg.
How can I change this ? Is it only a problem at my desk ?

That happened to at least one person during the beta last week, and it appeared to clear itself somehow. I'd make sure you clear your cache, disable scripts/extensions related to Waze, restart the browser.

I tried my best (deactivate Greasemonkey, clear BrowserCache, restart Browser and OS) - but nothing changes...
So I will wait that it fix itself over next time.

Anyway - thanx for helping.

Sven

Hi all
Found the solution of this problem:
This error depends on the zoom level of the Firefox browser. After changing it by <CTRL>+MouseWheel it's gone ... :geek:

CU
Waze for Android (3.5.3.0) on HTC Sensation XE (4.0.3)

Trinity76

Postby ultragreg » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:47 pm

(Edit : I did not want to write this post in this section, I wanted top put it on the 3.5 feedback section. Sorry for the mistake.)

I would like to report a problem which was already present with the last version.
Sometimes we have a "turn left" or "turn right" instruction, when there is no other way to go... (minimal mode)
If there is other way, they are forbiden.

Example :
https://world.waze.com/editor/?lon=1.33 ... s=62075349
GPS says 'turn left' when you go to point A to B. No instruction will be better.
This example does not happened before 3.5.

With some Y roads, there is also the problem, example before or after a roundabout. The logical is to go straight. A 150° turn is not possible... (and turn is already forbidden on the map)

Other example, but I have tried to edit the road to don't have the instruction (and waiting an update to see the results)
https://world.waze.com/editor/?lon=1.34 ... 6,62080099
B to A : we have currently a 'turn right' instruction, which has no meaning in this case. The complete instruction is : stay left, then turn right.

(I have instructions in french, so I translate into what I think it is in english)
Last edited by ultragreg on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
L3 - Ouest Toulouse
Xperia Pro (MK16i)
ultragreg

Postby umopapisdn » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:03 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
davipt wrote:The legal boilerplate should the same - the privacy applied to police/accident/etc reports visible on the client map should be the same as the privacy of a user report on the editor, or am I missing something?

I haven't read it recently, but before v3.5, there was no "invisible" mode, but there was the no-login mode giving you a usa_ or world_ username. The legalese I believe gave more privacy rights to the user regardless of submitting requests and what not. Waze just needs to make sure they have the right language to avoid lawsuits. Some users have been vocally pissed about their data being captured and stored. In fact, the reason the username was removed from URs was, I believe, because of an outcry.

i (mostly) don't care if i can see the username of the UR submitter. would it be enough to be able to include a comment to the submitter when closing a UR?
--
umopapisdn
armchair cartographer
Bloomington, Indiana, USA
umopapisdn

Postby vectorspace » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:08 pm

Wow,

I go away on a little "vacation" and there is a new editor and 18 pages of chat about it!

Thanks Waze for the new editor. It's great to see all the effort you're putting into the app and tools. I actually watched the new editing videos just to see how you were communicating with new users--good job, although some of the graphics are now different with the new user interface of the editor.

Here are a few comments, apparently some similar to others:

(1) I found that old_cartouche is finally gone. I tried to go there to unlock segments that should not be locked (as we could sneak in and do before), but no way to do that now. Therefore the issue of inappropriately locked segments from prior policy is now even more important to your experienced editor community. This is very disabling. Putting in unlock requests is not very efficient.

(2) The whole street editing user interface looks very nice but seems a bit more difficult to use because the fields are small to fit larger text. They match a nice look-and-feel, but are not very human-factors aware. Larger text areas are important for productivity for experienced edtiors, in my opinion.

(3) I really like the addition of A-B to help sort out directionality in a more intuitive way, but I think your user interface methodology is obscuring the road too much. The big A and B at the end of segments is easy to see but a bit too overboard. If you could consider putting A and B just off above or below segments, that would be better. The A and B obscure junctions and make you have to deselect the road to see them. While deselecting works, it 's not an optimal approach for an efficient UI.

Look forward to more updates in the editor and client!
vectorspace
iPad Air, iPhone 5s, Nexus 7
Edit Well * Participate in Forums * Be an Area Manager * Mentor
vectorspace
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby vickimachado » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:34 pm

Dumb question, perhaps: What's the utility of the Area Managers layer? Mine seems to just be a layer of green, watermarked with a user name I don't recognize.

Second: The Cities layer still has the remnant, misspelled-then-corrected place names in it, below the most distant zoom level.
Area manager, Hawaii
iPhone4, iOS 6.1.2
vickimachado

Postby vickimachado » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:45 pm

A belated thank you for the "play" mode. It enabled me to screw around with a problem that was "above my pay grade" and find what the problem was, and then find someone who could fix it for real. Got me past the fear of making things worse. (Which I'm sure I've accomplished, on more than one occasion.)
Area manager, Hawaii
iPhone4, iOS 6.1.2
vickimachado

Postby Vidur99 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:36 pm

Problem updating house numbers.

https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=6&l ... s=60431707

Sveavägen is a mess, I tried to remove incorrect numbers and leave them blank. Saves OK but after refresh of the map the old faulty numbers is back. For some segments I managed to add th correct number but for some reason you cannot remove numbers och in some cases change them.
Vidur99

Postby Vidur99 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:44 pm

Vidur99 wrote:Problem updating house numbers.

https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=6&l ... s=60431707

I tried to remove incorrect numbers and leave them blank. Saves OK but after refresh of the map the old faulty numbers is back. For some segments I managed to add th correct number but for some reason you cannot remove numbers och in some cases change them.

Any comments on this one, tried again to update house numbers, but I cant remove faulty house numbers. A refresh and they are back.
Vidur99

Postby WeeeZer14 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:17 am

davipt wrote:so now we need a new set of icons for the signatures most of us decreased one cone (I've seen reports of 4-3, I went 5 to 4, and there is no 100K+4 cones banner ;)

http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Foru ... re_Banners

Wiki updated. Post about it here.
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator
WeeeZer14
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor