Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Points not updating

Post by drdougboston
I am in Boston, Massachusetts USA and am locked in an epic battle with my girlfriend over who will score the most points by December 27th when we head out for vacation. The stakes are high: the loser has to do whatever the winner says for 24 hours while on vacation. She's already a sadist and is ultra-competitive: I simply cannot lose this battle. She's also at an advantage because she's tech savvy and is probably creating roads in Afghanistan while I am just driving around like a schmo reporting accidents, police citings, and hoping for the same. Let's just say the odds were stacked against me in the first place.

Now for my question/issue. I have not been receiving any score updates for the last two days. I repeat: there have been no additional points for the last two days. During these days, I wasted many different breaks from work driving places I didn't need to go and also went on extended drives leaving a significant carbon footprint when I could have just driven one or 2 miles from my office to home. My concern, however, is not the gaping hole in the ozone layer wherever I'm driving, but rather that I am not amassing these terribly important points. Is there something wrong and if so how can it be ameliorated?

Please help a brother out if you can. I cannot stand the thought of shining her shoes under a palm tree while she nags me that her drink is running dry.
drdougboston

POSTER_ID:11571411

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I don't often suggest this to newish users, but if you know what you're doing with map editing, request area manager area, details you can find in the wiki. You cannot win just driving to work and not editing. The editor will win it hands-down unless you are a professional driver on the road for 12+ hours per day.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
AndyPoms wrote: Alan, you're too nice... Has your dashboard updated since the 28th?
I'm tapatalking, so haven't gone to see.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AndyPoms
Hmmm... My dashboard hasn't updated since the 28th either - and nothing on the status page... Can others in NA check on this too?
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by AndyPoms
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I don't often suggest this to newish users, but if you know what you're doing with map editing, request area manager area, details you can find in the wiki. You cannot win just driving to work and not editing. The editor will win it hands-down unless you are a professional driver on the road for 12+ hours per day.
Alan, you're too nice... Has your dashboard updated since the 28th?
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
USA Country Manager

Post by AndyPoms
SocalToe wrote:Updated 12.1.2012 23:58 PST

:mrgreen:
As did mine...
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
USA Country Manager

Post by drdougboston
Ah, missed this. Thanks.

I promise not to screw up the map for everyone and thus will pass on making edits in favor of 15 hour drives each day. On that note I'll stop typing because I'm reporting a car in the breakdown lane, driving towards traffic areas so I can report them, and drinking red bull so I can stay up all night.
drdougboston
Send a message

Post by GizmoGuy411
Nope!

The Dashboard wrote:Rank, last updated: 11.28.2012, 23:00
GizmoGuy411
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

U.S. based Global Champ Emeritus
U.S. Local Champ
U.S. Country Manager
U.S. Great Lakes ARC: IL, IN, MI, OH, WI
(and past GLR RC)
AM: NW OH, NE IN, SE MI
Wiki Profile
Verizon: Google Pixel XL3 & iPad "3"

Post by L8E4Work
Glad I wasn't the only one that was running into this problem. I usually check the Waze updates but didn't realize the tiles update would have any effect regarding the points update. Thanks anyways!
L8E4Work
Send a message

Post by natasharomanoff
Same here considering I did a number of gas station price updates to and from my destination today and yesterday so I'm hoping to see them updated soon!
natasharomanoff
Send a message