Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by pogglywoggly
Another vote for route only or disabling feature it causes me to miss turns right after traffic lights occasionally
pogglywoggly
Send a message

Post by swingkat
I would agree... adding a way to limit notifications to only incidents along your intended route would be great. It was the first setting I looked for after I used the app.
swingkat
Send a message

Post by TurnpikeWarrior12345
OldGnome wrote:
PhantomSoul wrote:I have to say, these incident notifications could very well be a pilot for location-based advertising, like say, offers from nearby businesses or upcoming ones along your route. I certainly hope not, but in all fairness, that would be one heck of a cash cow, and increasing socially-based revenues is a stated priority of Waze...
You haven't seen the Dunkin Donuts locations in Waze?
I say http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9 ... sYrZegrNOu

but yes - it would be great if there is an option to allow incident reports to be limited to my route only. and to turn it off. Ironically.... there is "Passenger" warning and yet... unrelated incident reports suddenly popping up is much more distracting and unsafe because we have to angrily and frantically click on tiny X to get it out of the way.

I hope you can implement this feature asap! all these little convenient things are what can make this Waze program even more awesome!
TurnpikeWarrior12345
Send a message

Post by ultimasnake
To be honest, and this might have been said loads of times, I would prefer to turn them off totally. I'm one of those people that likes to look ahead on the map (even without zooming and such) while i'm standing in front of a traffic light to see what my next few actions will be. But since the map will start showing the items at 5mph it gets totally annoying. Also 5 miles (8 kilometers in big boy terms, sorry!!!) is also a very big radius in cities in for instance the netherlands, I get almost all reports of entire amsterdam while waiting near my house ;).

Just an on/off switch like all other warnings would do it for me :mrgreen:
ultimasnake
Send a message

Post by xxlogistics
I asked to Waze about this directly, why I have an alert from 36km from city what I left about half an hour ago while alerts are set by 5km, and they answered that this is by design, so we can just sit and hope that some day it will be redesigned in more reasonable way...
xxlogistics
Send a message