Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Easier Way to See Reports "On My Route"

Post by travtufts
With the current build, a Wazer needs to go through four taps to get to the screen showing reports on their route. This seems like very pertinent information -- much more pertinent than the seemingly random reports that pop up while stopped.

There should be a much faster way to get an overview of reports on a Wazer's route -- ideally with one tap. The "My Trip" screen that appears when tapping the trip stats at the bottom of the screen seems like an ideal place to display this information. It doesn't need to conflict with showing any "friends" on the same route either. Just show the color-coded traffic data on the progress bar, and pop up any reports where they lie on the bar.

Thoughts?
travtufts

POSTER_ID:4676227

Send a message

Post by BlazeTool
Whenever you input your destination and the app receives the route back from the routing server it shows an image of the road at the bottom with any delayed segments and reports along the route. If anything shows there, you know you might want to take the time to do the 4 clicks, if nothing's there you know you don't need to.

A quick little jaunt a thousand miles down the road or so shows me three reports along the way
http://i46.tinypic.com/npm1vs_th.jpg
BlazeTool
Send a message

Post by BlazeTool
Best I can find is clicking on the menu icon (bottom left) and then routes. It will show alternate routes and delays along the way.

It'd be nice if the "Your Trip" screen that comes up when you click on the ETA info has the delay information for the current route.
BlazeTool
Send a message

Post by mirarkitty
I like that bar. I would like something like that showing what's up ahead all the time.

Preferably a logarithmic scale, something using half for the next 3 minutes, a quarter for the next 10 minutes and the last quarter for the rest of the trip. (I could work out a good math but I'm sure the devs can have a field day on that.)
mirarkitty
Send a message

Post by travtufts
I agree. That bar you see when you initially start routing is very nice, but on a longer trip (say more than 30 minutes) there are bound to be many new reports along the route that weren't there when you began the route.

A simple way to bring up that screen again is really what I think would work best.
travtufts
Send a message

Post by travtufts
BlazeTool wrote:Best I can find is clicking on the menu icon (bottom left) and then routes. It will show alternate routes and delays along the way.

It'd be nice if the "Your Trip" screen that comes up when you click on the ETA info has the delay information for the current route.
Agreed. Seems like a simple request to me, and a very efficient way to get important information on your trip. That way you can make your own decisions about routes beyond Waze's automatic re-routing.
travtufts
Send a message