Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Problem with AppRadio (Pioneer)

Post by
I experience problem with WAZE will not allow me to edit or post any comment when it running on AppRadio for my Pioneer head units. Previous version have no problem, however the latest version doesn't allow me to type anything even if I try to type from my iPhone 4S.

MyWaze also doesn't want to be swipe on Pioneer touch screen which is troublesome when I'm planning to change the MOOD.

I hope WAZE team can fixed this problem. Otherwise the latest WAZE was AWESOME :lol:

POSTER_ID:5543173

Send a message

Post by afoulger
I'm using the latest version of app radio, waze, and 6.1.2 on an iPhone 4. I'm using the avH-X5500BHS pioneer unit. I've noticed that I can type using the keyboard but the unit doesn't have the ability to scroll. Is this an issue with that specific Pioneer unit or could it be Waze?
afoulger
Send a message

Post by babaoriley7
I am using waze (3.6.0.0) via Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS. I cannot input an addresses through the HU. iPhone 4s, IOS 6.1.3.

After starting AppRadio, opening waze and selecting navigate, I first get a message stating the driver cannot input information - even if I'm not moving. Then I select passenger. The keyboard is visible, but does not function.
babaoriley7
Send a message

Post by babaoriley7
I have tried deleting the app, reinstalling. I also registered after having not been registered previously. I'll try again just to be sure I guess.
babaoriley7
Send a message

Post by babaoriley7
babaoriley7 wrote:I am using waze (3.6.0.0) via Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS. I cannot input an addresses through the HU. iPhone 4s, IOS 6.1.3.

After starting AppRadio, opening waze and selecting navigate, I first get a message stating the driver cannot input information - even if I'm not moving. Then I select passenger. The keyboard is visible, but does not function.
Update on my issue, I first get the Waze message saying that you cannot enter when moving but you can select passenger. I select passenger, and then I press in the text box, which then gives me a message (from AppRadio? it i black box not formatted anything like something from Waze) says you cannot enter information when moving. The only other variable that I could see attributing to this is that I drive a manual transmission so there is no "Park" mode. I've tried it while the car is in neutral and I've tried it with the parking brake on. I would guess the problem stems from that, but if others are able to enter information when moving then maybe not.

The other odd thing, is that my phone keyboard is unavailable in all apps until I reset the phone. Very annoying.
babaoriley7
Send a message

Post by cpkendall
Just want to add that I'm getting the same issue on the AVH-8400BT. It used to work. I tried deleting and re-installing Waze on my iPhone 4, but no joy.

Still love Waze, and the stereo's not bad, but really need the keyboard to work.
cpkendall
Send a message

Post by DMZamora
palmerit wrote:
afoulger wrote:I'm using the latest version of app radio, waze, and 6.1.2 on an iPhone 4. I'm using the avH-X5500BHS pioneer unit. I've noticed that I can type using the keyboard but the unit doesn't have the ability to scroll. Is this an issue with that specific Pioneer unit or could it be Waze?
I went through the entire app. I created a bug report for each screen that scrolling didn't work. As of now, all of those bugs are marked as fixed in the next beta.

As soon as I get the beta, I will confirm. But it sounds like the next release will make a few appradio guys happy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Scroll bugs were fixed, except for alert comments.
DMZamora
Experts
Experts
Send a message

Post by flthc
Same problem here! I'm so frustrated that waze will be deleted if this issue is not fixed soon!!!
flthc
Send a message

Post by flthc
Same problem here! I'm so frustrated that waze will be deleted if this issue is not fixed soon!!!
flthc
Send a message

Post by gzoja
Hi, I've the same problem. The keyboard appears but I cannot input any text.
IPhone 4S, iOS 6.0 and pioneer avh-8400BT.
gzoja
Send a message

Post by izrod
So, whose fault is it? Pioneer for not updating firmware of their head units (AppRadio 2 SPH-DA100 here) or Waze for not coding properly for said head units. I am curious... as in $650 curious. That would be one hell of a mistake on my end. I love waze but I will most certainly discontinue using it.
As of right now SPH-DA100 AppRadio 2, iPhone 4s with 30pin connector.
1. Unable to type anywhere.
2. Unable to scroll up/down
3. After latest 3.5.3 update I get a weird issue. I haven't narrowed it down yet but when I switch back to Waze and it gets re-displayed on my head unit the image is smaller on the sides with a blue (or pinkish, can't remember) color, as if the Waze image is compressed from left and right and you have bars on the side. Simply double clicking on the iPhone home button and then back on the app fixes it to where it is displayed in full.
izrod
Send a message