Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by wifeypoo
AlanOfTheBerg wrote: That one is known, reported during the beta. We were told it would be fixed. It wasn't. It's not just the zoom+ button, but there is a band all the way across the map below the Map Problem or Update Request banner which is unclickable.
Yes I have noticed the patchy Bing aerials as well :(
wifeypoo
Send a message

Post by wimdelange
In the design of the UI there is not much consideration for the smaller screens. When I use my laptop with a screen of 1366x768 there is not much room for the map. All goes to the information on the streets and when I click on a issue on the map, it uses way too much space:
Image 1_1.jpg
(108.59 KiB) Downloaded 1317 times
wimdelange
Send a message
Groetjes,
Wim de Lange
Area Manager Zoetermeer
HTC Sensation Android 4.0.1
Waze beta 3.5.1.904

Post by wimdelange
anonymous0816 wrote:
davipt wrote: 6. ... some say shift-? gives you a screen with the keyboard commands, but I can only see it on safari and not on firefox, as the ? in the Portuguese keyboard is already a shift-key-right-to-0 so I can't do a double-shift ;)
Well. German keyboard layout would also require a double-shift.
Please fix this. Either make it "?"-only or "Shift+h" for example for "help".
Did you try it, the ?? For me the ? is already shifted, so shift-? sounds a little stupid, but it works when I type a ? (shift needed). I use the American keyboard where the ? is the shifted / key. Working with Chrome on windows.
wimdelange
Send a message
Groetjes,
Wim de Lange
Area Manager Zoetermeer
Waze beta 3.5.1.904

Post by wimdelange
I have the same problem and found out that if you click permalink, the problem goes away. temporarily......
wimdelange
Send a message
Groetjes,
Wim de Lange
Area Manager Zoetermeer
Waze beta 3.5.1.904

Post by wine4sure
Forgive me if this is already covered in the 19 pages of messages, but is there any way that I've missed to tell if a road ends in a node once it's been selected?

Previously you would get a different shape at the end. Now it looks to me like you get the same size circle at each end. Am I missing something?

You can't always tell by the blue dot because sometimes the street name obscures it. And anyway I would like to know once the road is actually selected.
wine4sure
Send a message

Post by wine4sure
Dead ends need to be terminated in a node otherwise if you start a journey on them you get "proceed to highlighted route". Not sure what happens if you attempt to navigate to an unterminated dead end.

If you just create a new dead end it will not be terminated in a node. As has been said many people do this (myself included, I just found one yesterday that I created a long time ago). I found an entire city (Bath) like this.
wine4sure
Send a message

Post by wingneris
I have been driving everyday for the past 7 days with my Waze app open and logged into my waze account.

However, only three of my drives show up in the map editor and they are all incomplete.
wingneris
Send a message

Post by wl02703
Dave2084 wrote:Why is it when I search on "Lincoln" in WME on the WORLD server and the 5 results I get are NE, IL, ME, MO, CA ... How about somewhere not on the NA Server?

These search results are useless as I'd have to be logged onto the www server to be able to edit them.

How about suppressing NA results on the World server and vice versa. I'm sure someone in Nebraska is really not interested in editing in Lincoln, UK.
It's been annoying me for ages too. The search feature in the beta version appears to be better tho.
wl02703
Send a message

Post by wroadd
wimdelange wrote:In the design of the UI there is not much consideration for the smaller screens. When I use my laptop with a screen of 1366x768 there is not much room for the map. All goes to the information on the streets and when I click on a issue on the map, it uses way too much space:
Shift-f is your friend:-)

Tapatalk 2-vel küldve az én GT-P1000-ről
wroadd
Send a message
Waze Global Champ, (Re)tired
Hardware: Oukitel U22 & iPhone 7
Car: Soca Octavia : red

Post by wroadd
As I see there was a change in the WME, new fields are available for gas stations(and ny othre landmarks) for country (state) and city
wroadd
Send a message
Waze Global Champ, (Re)tired
Hardware: Oukitel U22 & iPhone 7
Car: Soca Octavia : red